Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dave cantrall’s top 25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DAVE CANTRALL’S TOP 25
  1. Trinity (10-2)
  2. Ballard (8-5)
  3. Bullitt East (11-2)
  4. Pleasure Ridge Park (12-3)
  5. Madison Central (12-0)
  6. Scott County (9-3)
  7. Manual (11-4)
  8. Jeffersontown (11-4)
  9. Marshall County (11-1)
  10. Lexington Catholic (12-2)
  11. Moore (11-3)
  12. Clark County (12-2)
  13. Covington Catholic (9-4)
  14. Southwestern (10-3)
  15. Dixie Heights (5-5)
  16. Knott Central (11-2)
  17. Butler (7-5)
  18. Eastern (8-6)
  19. Henry Clay (9-5)
  20. Warren Central (7-5)
  21. Cov. Holy Cross (11-1)
  22. Perry Central (10-4)
  23. Newport Catholic (5-3)
  24. Bowling Green (9-3)
  25. Lexington Christian (8-3)
http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/
Glad to see Holy Cross getting some love
Three 9th Region teams is pretty cool
I like to check out Cantrell's rankings, and the Lit rankings too. But one thing
I always keep in mind is that in 1987, Cantrell had neither Clay Co. nor
Paintsville in his top 20 most of the year, and only snuck Paintsville
in around 19 or 20 late in the season. And it was OBVIOUS that they were
2 of the best, if not THE 2 best, teams in the state.
toussaints Wrote:Three 9th Region teams is pretty cool

Right now you'd have to say the NewCath ranking is kind of suspect.
But it's always difficult to tell about the inter-state games. They
might be tough games, or they might be chumps.
As usual, it looks as though the power is in Louisville and the 11th region again this year. Marshal Co is the only team in the top 10 not in the 6th, 7th, or 11th region.
DSRfan Wrote:Right now you'd have to say the NewCath ranking is kind of suspect.
But it's always difficult to tell about the inter-state games. They
might be tough games, or they might be chumps.

i agree, i'm not big on ncc's ranking, or the fact that theyre ranked. I think Boone County and Holmes are better in the 9th right now. I also think Brossart in the 10th and Bowling Green are better.
rojas Wrote:As usual, it looks as though the power is in Louisville and the 11th region again this year. Marshal Co is the only team in the top 10 not in the 6th, 7th, or 11th region.
Overall I think most years that these regions are the strongest.
Gold Charger Wrote:Overall I think most years that these regions are the strongest.

Where were these teams in the state championship game last year? I'm just asking.
Good to see the Warriors crack the top 15. Keep it going SW!
I think Dave Cantrell have favorite regions and every who is at the top of them regions will be tops in the state. I put Knott or Perry County Central against most of the teams in the top ten and expect them to win. I think that they could beat at least 7 out of the10 in the top ten. I think they could be two more teams from the 14th that should be in top 25. I really think the 14th region is one top three toughest regions in the state this year.
rojas Wrote:As usual, it looks as though the power is in Louisville and the 11th region again this year. Marshal Co is the only team in the top 10 not in the 6th, 7th, or 11th region.

Have you watch Kentucky High School Basketball in the last 20 years...

Duh...
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think Dave Cantrell have favorite regions and every who is at the top of them regions will be tops in the state. I put Knott or Perry County Central against most of the teams in the top ten and expect them to win. I think that they could beat at least 7 out of the10 in the top ten. I think they could be two more teams from the 14th that should be in top 25. I really think the 14th region is one top three toughest regions in the state this year.

top 5 all would beat Perry and Knott.

#6 Scott already beat Perry.

Madison Central is a very good team people better watch out for them.
ekff Wrote:Have you watch Kentucky High School Basketball in the last 20 years...

Duh...

I have watched basketball for the last 40 years. There was a time when I watched 35-40 games per year.
Lizzard Wrote:Where were these teams in the state championship game last year? I'm just asking.

Both the 6th and the 7th made it to Saturday morning last year. The 11th region made it to the quarter-finals. I don't think anyone would be so ludicrous as to make a statement that these regions would make it to the championship game each year. However, if you look at the success rate of the 7th and 11th regions in the Sweet 16 over the last 20 years, or even before, no other regions come close.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think Dave Cantrell have favorite regions and every who is at the top of them regions will be tops in the state. I put Knott or Perry County Central against most of the teams in the top ten and expect them to win. I think that they could beat at least 7 out of the10 in the top ten. I think they could be two more teams from the 14th that should be in top 25. I really think the 14th region is one top three toughest regions in the state this year.

Both the Cantrell and the Litkenhouse (sp?) are done by computer. The computer uses only point spreads in head to head competition. The computer has no regional bias. I'm not a big fan of computer ratings because it gives a big advantage to teams like like to run the score up on inferior competition. However, there is no regional bias.

The 14th is the best region in eastern KY by far this year. However, to say the 14th is stronger than the 7th, 11th, or 6th is a big stretch.
Lizzard Wrote:Where were these teams in the state championship game last year? I'm just asking.

It is a battle year in and year out in the 6th,7th and 11th regions to just make it to the state tourney. Other regions will have good teams that compete well at the state tourney, but the depth of good teams from that region is not that of the 6th,7th and 11th IMO.
rojas Wrote:Both the 6th and the 7th made it to Saturday morning last year. The 11th region made it to the quarter-finals. I don't think anyone would be so ludicrous as to make a statement that these regions would make it to the championship game each year. However, if you look at the success rate of the 7th and 11th regions in the Sweet 16 over the last 20 years, or even before, no other regions come close.

Great point...
toussaints Wrote:Three 9th Region teams is pretty cool

I see four 9th Region teams. Seems odd. I'm curious what the formula is for the rankings.
nkypete Wrote:I see four 9th Region teams. Seems odd. I'm curious what the formula is for the rankings.

I know, the Newport Catholic threw me off a bit when I first saw it.
What does Louisville eastern look like this year? I know they were arguably the best team in the state last year

:biglmao:

I agree!