Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 57 Sheldon Clark 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
SC was ahead 35 - 20 at the half. JC held them to 3 pts in the 3rd qrt.
well thats not good!
Sounds like the wheels fell off for SC after halftime!!!
Did someone put Nyquil in their water in the locker room?
Great win JC!!! Congrats on the big comeback!
May 22 pts for SC
Rice 18 pts for JC
Meeks 13 pts for JC
Congrats JC!
Congrats JC, now go beat Paintsville.
Congrats JC, now go stomp Paintsville into the ground on Friday night.
Good when for JC. What happened to the Cards?
Way to come back in the 3rd quarter Eagles! Held SC to 3 points in the third quarter! Gotta go into Friday night's game with the attitude you came out with at halftime!
"EKY Spectator" Wrote:Way to come back in the 3rd quarter Eagles! Held SC to 3 points in the third quarter! Gotta go into Friday night's game with the attitude you came out with at halftime!
I agree
"EKY Spectator" Wrote:Way to come back in the 3rd quarter Eagles! Held SC to 3 points in the third quarter! Gotta go into Friday night's game with the attitude you came out with at halftime!

amen
sc just fell apart in the 2nd half
Congrats JC now go beat the living he77 out of pville!!!!!!!!!
The Eagles made some great adjustments at half time and came out on fire. Great third quarter. 21-3 Wow, now thats a Gold Rush!!!!
GO EAGLES...BEAT TIGERS
:coach: E - I -E - I - E - I - O - Go Eagles, Go Eagles, Go!!Congrats to the Eagles! You showed heart in the second half!

I do want to wish brandon May the best in his future. He is a class act and one of the best All-Around athletes in Eastern Ky. Keep your head up and be a great father. If you teach your child to act with as much class as you've got, the child will grow up to be an OUTSTANDING individual!!:thumb:
Here we go again tonight's loss was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever watched.We were playing great ball and knocking down shots in the first half.The second half was horrible to behold if you were a Cardinal's fan.We could not move the ball and our shooting was dreadful.Jc came out of their locker room and simply took it to us.I hope JC can just play this way Friday night as they take on the Tigers!!!I wish all the seniors from Sheldon Clark the very best in the future.Brandon May you have been such a pleasure to watch and you are a winner in my book!! No matter what the scoreboard might say you always played your heart out and gave it your all.Jayrd Crum you are cut from the same mold as Brandon May and your heart and effort were seen through out this season.I hope next year we will be getting ready to play in the regionals instead of buying tickets to go watch it. :Sad04:
I was at the game and I would like to say congrats to JCHS. Throughout the year I have read posts about officials and their bad calling but I would like to commend the 3 officials on this game. I thought they did an excellent job. Every game officials are going to miss calls even in the SEC officials miss calls but this game the officials did a wonderful job and I would also like to commend both teams on a classy game.
"jchsrulz" Wrote::coach: E - I -E - I - E - I - O - Go Eagles, Go Eagles, Go!!Congrats to the Eagles! You showed heart in the second half!

I do want to wish brandon May the best in his future. He is a class act and one of the best All-Around athletes in Eastern Ky. Keep your head up and be a great father. If you teach your child to act with as much class as you've got, the child will grow up to be an OUTSTANDING individual!!:thumb:

Very classy my brother.....

Good luck to you and your Eagles in the district title game and the region....You have my support throughout the rest of the year!
Good luck to the Eagles against the Tigers and throughout the regional tourny. I will be cheering for you. B. May what a great career. You will be missed. Best of luck.
AWESOME, AWESOME win by JC last night. I'm so proud of you boys! Way to go...now keep it up and let's get ready for those Tigers!

Eagles.... You are awesome, BABY!!!!!
Good win for The Eagles...They showed some heart int the 2nd half....

And I would also like to wish the best of luck to BMay in the future...This young man is an outstanding ball player and he is just an all around athlete....I hope all goes well for him and like stated in another post I hope his son grows up to be just like him....He is a fine person and a dandy ball player...Good luck Bmay in watever you do next....
"spectator" Wrote:I was at the game and I would like to say congrats to JCHS. Throughout the year I have read posts about officials and their bad calling but I would like to commend the 3 officials on this game. I thought they did an excellent job. Every game officials are going to miss calls even in the SEC officials miss calls but this game the officials did a wonderful job and I would also like to commend both teams on a classy game.

Absolute the worst game i've ever seen Jimmy Blankenship call,i know he lets teams play physical but there has to be a point where he steps in and makes the call....He really hurt the cards especially when he fouled Jayrd Crum out...Crum is the motor of SCHS and Blankenship called some really BS calls on him...Hate to see it end this way for the cards they really deserve more....
congrats
nice win JC. Thanks for the memories Brandon May, and beat those tigers JC
"08_#14" Wrote:Absolute the worst game i've ever seen Jimmy Blankenship call,i know he lets teams play physical but there has to be a point where he steps in and makes the call....He really hurt the cards especially when he fouled Jayrd Crum out...Crum is the motor of SCHS and Blankenship called some really BS calls on him...Hate to see it end this way for the cards they really deserve more....
His last foul was not even questionable. He acted like he wanted to foul. He just about jumped on Jesse meek's back.
"08_#14" Wrote:Absolute the worst game i've ever seen Jimmy Blankenship call,i know he lets teams play physical but there has to be a point where he steps in and makes the call....He really hurt the cards especially when he fouled Jayrd Crum out...Crum is the motor of SCHS and Blankenship called some really BS calls on him...Hate to see it end this way for the cards they really deserve more....

Jimmy Blankenship nor any other person in a balck and white stripped shirt had anything what so ever to do with the out-come. The 21-3 third quater is where this game took a swing in JC's favor. They started the quater with either a 14-0 run or a 16-0 run. Despite only scoring 3 points in the 3rd, SC battled back in the 4th and with less than a minute to go and only down 4 had a good look at a three, but it just didn't fall. JC gave us some chances by missing free throws late, but it just wasn't meant to be. No need to point at officals and blame the calls. Officals miss calls every game on both ends, but this game was not about the officals.

I agree with you totally! As far as your post goes fried bologna, do you watch much basketball? Yes he meant to foul Meeks the last time, but if Porter had been where he was suppose to be that foul wouldn't have been Crum's. Crum got some really crappy calls bfore that though.May had two crap calls also. One foul that was called on him was all ball and I had just about a better view than the ref. Well anyway that game is over and done with. Congratulations to J.C. on the win.Good luck to B.May! You deserve nothing but the best. To the SC players that will be playing next year, I hope that you can get what you truly deserve. Don't settle for anything less than the best.:Thumbs:
I saw a few "bad" calls, but nothing out of the ordinary..

the officials had nothing to do with SC losing..
the second half was played with much more emotion coming from Central..and thats all it took..

Like i said earlier in the year, the district won't take who has the most talent, it would take who plays the hardest and who wants it more..
JC wanted it more that night

THANKS TIGERS FOR CHEERIN IN OUR PEP SECTION LAST NIGHT
I'll be cheerin for Paintsville
A great game from start to finish. A game of emotion and runs. SC came out and jumped on JC early, but at the half SC seemed a little timid and did not match the intensity of JC untill their lead had been evaporated. Despite being outscored 21-3 in the third the Cardinals fought tooth and nail to be in the game and had some chances but just couldn't get the shots to fall. May, just like he is in every big game, was a man among boys tonight. He played an excellent game and capped off what has been a great run as a Cardinal. Porter of SC hit some huge shots in the first half and showed great poise for a freshman in a district tournament. Crum was Crum playing all out and playing fearless the entire game. Hensley is a fierce competator and did a great job defending one of the better athletes in the region. Johnson and Hinkle both rebounded and played one of their better games when it mattered most. Congrads to Johnson Central.

Now for the SC seniors. Shawn Johnson and Jarret Robinson are both stand up individuals and should be commended for what they have done for the SC basketball program. They are class acts and I wish them the best of luck in all they do.
Brandon May has been one of the best players to put on a Cardinal uniform. I have seen every SC basketball team on numerous occasions since 1993 and I can not recall a single player who was any better than #22. He has been a key part in SC basketball since he first dawned on the jersey his 8th grade year. He has been the leading scorer since his sophmore year. All that being said he is not close to being as good of a basketball player as he is a person. He is one of the best people you will ever lay your eyes on. They do not make better people than Brandon May. Good luck in all you do Brandon. I am proud of you Stud.
"Matt_Knee" Wrote:the officials had nothing to do with SC losing..

I never said that the refs cost them the game, I agreed that it did hurt them though.It broke the momentum of the game. I didn't pick the CARDS to win against the Eagles. I hoped that they could pull out a victory, but I know that since Juan had to leave that Cardinal team has just not been the same.It was a devastating loss to them. The CARDS just can't seem to keep a lead. I hope that this season will be the last for their coach. They need to have a chance to move on and do better. It seems like J.R doesn't even care if they do better or not!
Pages: 1 2