Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I wouldn't worry about Teague
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like the narrative for this game for almost everyone is,
that U of L will be getting after Teague, and he is the key
for them to beat UK.

But I don't really think that's going to work for them.
Teague's problem this year has been HIMSELF, not opposing
defenses. If you go back and look at the films, I GUARANTEE
over 60% of Teague's to's have been of the plain
old throw it away for no reason, UNFORCED variety.
He doesn't make a lot of turnovers when being guarded
tightly or pressured. He makes his to's by just throwing
them in the stands, or by driving in to 3 defenders in
the lane.

Not that his to's are a thing to be glad of. I just don't
fear seeing the Cards turn him over on the press and
getting lots of layups.
^ Well, based on this, I feel better about Teague:popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:^ Well, based on this, I feel better about Teague:popcorn:

always happy to ease the misgivings of the ignorant.
^ Then you should be able to appease yourself quite well. Hmm, maybe that is all you do is appease yourself. That must be where you all the time to come up with the unintelligent things that get posted here!
Teague hasn't turned the ball over AT ALL since his first of the year problems, besides in this last game. That's it. People who have been bitching about his non-existent turnovers these last 3 weeks don't make any sense because he hasn't been giving the ball away!
John Wall and Brandon Knight had the same problems at this point of the year. Especially with Knight, I thought the only way he would be as solid as he was would be to have a great shooting year and learn as much he can with that excellent work ethic. He did that. The only thing I am seeing with Teague right now that concerns me is that he is more prone to frustration than Wall or Knight was. If he gets frustrated and out of control in a game later on this year, we will be in trouble. That being said, I trust Coach Cal to have him fully read once SEC play rolls around, just like he has many others in the past.
^ Wall was ready to quit at this point in his Frosh year! Teague will be just fine!
Stardust Wrote:^ Wall was ready to quit at this point in his Frosh year! Teague will be just fine!

Exactly...all young point guards go through turnover problems. He'll be fine.
vundy33 Wrote:Teague hasn't turned the ball over AT ALL since his first of the year problems, besides in this last game. That's it. People who have been bitching about his non-existent turnovers these last 3 weeks don't make any sense because he hasn't been giving the ball away!

Hmmm, 14 to's vs. 12 assists in the last 3 games prior to today
equals non-existent tunrnovers. Looks like you must study at
the feet of the Clueless Moderator Dusty.

But in any event, as I said, he's not making them against
tough D, just being careless. Andhe held the to's against pressure
to a minimum today and U of L wasn't shooting layups
off them, so all's well. It WOULD be nice to see Teague
ACTUALLY make the to's almost "non-existent" since
that wold go along way toward getting this team into
some offensive sync.
Stardust Wrote:^ Wall was ready to quit at this point in his Frosh year! Teague will be just fine!

And the King of the Clueless chimes in again. Wall was never ready
to quit. And while going through a learning curve as a frosh,
was beginning to establish himself as an All American at
this point of the season. Teague's coming on but not playing at
that level.
DSRfan Wrote:Hmmm, 14 to's vs. 12 assists in the last 3 games prior to today
equals non-existent tunrnovers. Looks like you must study at
the feet of the Clueless Moderator Dusty.

But in any event, as I said, he's not making them against
tough D, just being careless. Andhe held the to's against pressure
to a minimum today and U of L wasn't shooting layups
off them, so all's well. It WOULD be nice to see Teague
ACTUALLY make the to's almost "non-existent" since
that wold go along way toward getting this team into
some offensive sync.

I was thinking about earlier games, the streak he went on with hardly any turnovers that you fail to acknowledge. He is a Freshman, it happens with every single Frosh PG. You're acting like Wall and Knight didn't make turnovers against crappy teams, when they did, alot. Through the first 8 games of the season (pretty sure it was 8 when I seen the stat), Teague had less turnovers than both Knight and Wall at the same point in their Freshman years.

It's tough to compare him to Wall or Knight in hardly anything though, because he's not the offensive star that they HAD to be..he just doesn't have to be that guy. It's hilarious how you won't even acknowledge when our PG actually does play good and go 4 or 5 games with minimal turnovers, and then you sit and criticize from your computer chair. Does nothing satisfy you?

He's not John Wall and he's not Brandon Knight. Two completely different styles of players, therefore two totally different learning curves. Get over it, he's playing good enough for us to win without putting a great amount of pressure on his teammates, and that's the point. If you want to criticize the kid when he does bad, then you should at least give him credit when he does well.
DSRfan Wrote:And the King of the Clueless chimes in again. Wall was never ready
that level.

I'm pretty sure Dusty didn't mean that literally, lol. Wall was frustrated though, much more than both Brandon Knight and Marquis Teague have been.
Teague will be our most improved player by the end of the year.
DSRfan Wrote:And the King of the Clueless chimes in again. Wall was never ready
that level.

Mr. Obvious, you are completely clueless! Wall had legitimate issues with Cal early and his assertion after the Vanderbilt game that "He was not having Fun" was a sign that prompted him and Cal to have a sit down. You have amazed us again with your lack of knowledge, and only spewing of aimless comments when you truly have NO clue....

As for assertion that Teague is not playing at the same level as Wall, well brainiac, NO ONE HAS! You are the moron trying to compare Teague to Wall, when there are very few "Wall's" to ever play the game. No one here was making any claims that Teague "SHOULD" be playing at a Wall level, so what goofy reason do you even make such a comment! You are completely ignorant to any level of basketball knowledge except the crap that you make up in your head and write down on paper, edit and massage it before you can make your way to this site and bore us all with your incredibly ridiculous posts. Spare us, and post about what things you do know about.... never-mind, that would fit into the NOTHING category.....