Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 53 Greenup County 46 (59th Pikeville Invitational Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good back and forth game tonight. Neither team really got into a "flow" on offense. I thought the officiating was a little shaky BOTH ways, but overall a pretty decent game. Greenup's athleticism bothered Pikeville some, and you could tell Rowe was struggling a little to get his full game back after being out with the injury. Greenup also did a good job on Will Branham tonight, fairly quiet night for him, but other players stepped up and contributed with points, rebounds, and good defense.
Any stats from this one?
Who stepped up in this one to lead to the W?
Congrats Panthers. Good to see another win.
Congrats Pikeville
Congrats Panthers! Great win
Greenup fans are complaining they got screwed by the officials or at least one of them.
Yes, this should have been called the "Home Cookin' Invitational Tournament" at Pikeville!
Wow... big win for Pikeville
Score 46, sounds like you did it to yourself.
46 is a lot for this Greenup team. They are fairly athletic but are severely offensively challenged.
Big Don Wrote:Yes, this should have been called the "Home Cookin' Invitational Tournament" at Pikeville!

:lame:

C'mon....
FBALL Wrote:Greenup fans are complaining they got screwed by the officials or at least one of them.
I can see where they could say the game was not well officiated, but there were plenty of calls missed both ways. They didn't have it nearly as bad as Beechwood earlier in the day. The only way the Panthers can win now-a-days is to cheat I assume.
So Beechwood got the shaft also?
No, Beechwood won and will play in the Consolation Game tonight. Just saying it hasn't been a great officiated tournament, but it's usually bad for BOTH sides.
FBALL Wrote:46 is a lot for this Greenup team. They are fairly athletic but are severely offensively challenged.

Greenup has never been a huge scoring team from my experience... usually a fairly athletic and physical team though.
Big Don Wrote:Yes, this should have been called the "Home Cookin' Invitational Tournament" at Pikeville!
Right. Doesn't surprise me you would say this. The calls were poor BOTH ways as I said in my initial posting. I could point out numerous fouls against both teams that were missed or were questionable, to be polite. The Beechwood game WAS even more poorly officiated, I agree with PT's comment. GC just had very little offense, and I think Pikeville only went 1-9 from 3 point land, I'm not the stats guy though, so I will defer to him on that. That's just from watching the game. If anyone from GC is complaining, on one hand I can't blame them, but on the other, they need to look at their own team objectively too. Tons of hacking and pushing and over the backs on rebounds, etc.
i know, right? Wrote:Any stats from this one?
Who stepped up in this one to lead to the W?
Hamilton did another nice job, better than I thought he would at the point tonight. Wes Anderson battled all night for tough boards, Larry David Keene gave them some nice minutes off the bench, Tackett was tough inside, with a lot of tough rebounds and some nice plays offensively to be a threat.
BlueSky Wrote:Score 46, sounds like you did it to yourself.
They missed a lot of easy baskets in the final 2 minutes that could have made the score a little closer. Free throw shooting was suspect for both teams through the game, but Pikeville made theirs in the final 2 minutes while GC struggled.
Officiating was shaky at best....definitely not one sided though. C'MON MAN!!!
Honest question. Have you ever not been a complete smartass in a comment posted towards Pikeville? It is people like you that perpetuate the stereotype that individuals that do not like Pikeville care more about hating Pikeville than supporting their own team.
Not his fault, PT. It's a medical condition called "Panther Envy".
congrats Pikeville , Though I'm not a Pikeville fan , still congrats . Your proving 15th region can play with others .:Cheerlead
Nice job P-Ville.