Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hair Styles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as everyone knows cheerleaders have a certain style for their hair...tell us what your squad does...and why you think it is a good way to style hair for cheerleading...
I think everyone does the ponytail. The variation of the ponytail is what is interesting. I can remember when i first started having to rip sponge rollers out of my hair. Talk about damaging. Luckily around 2000 they came out with cheer curls. They are fake curls that you sew into your hair. They are FANTASTIC!! you dont have to deal with hair spray or dippity doo (ewww) anymore. And when you take them out, your hair isnt damaged and you dont have to wash your hair again if you have somewhere to go after the competition.

Alot of squads now do the double french braids too. Those are good for ballgames and less formal cheerleading situations.
I noticed a lot of squads going back to the ponytail. I think too many cheer curls have fallen out and when that happens, it is considered a prop. I also like the variations of the ponytail now. There are some really cute styles now.
Wow! Cheer curls?

Interesting. Can't say I knew about that one!

Go with the pony, girls!
I personally hate the cheer curls. Just because they are hard to match up, and they hurt trying to sew them in! lol.. I love neat pony-tails or two french braids.
i love cheer girls they look so neat and clean and you can have your hair anyway and then just sewn them in its really cool
i like the straight pony tail too
and french braids
most squads at nationals this year had differnt styles of straight pony tails or french braids very few had cheer girls
Clay County had the neatest thing. They had their hair braided next to their scalp like it was parted on the sides... I think there's a name for it, but I am unsure of the spelling. Then they had cheer curls sewn in and there were no barrette, pins, or "fly away" pieces in their eyes. It was very neat for cheerleading. I do like the long ponytail with just a smidge of curl to it and a hand tied bow. French braids are fine too. I like them for camp! I don't care for sponge rollers, for the simple fact of "hair damage"! (I can see where the sewing in, of the CC, would hurt too, but so much easier on the hair and everyone can have their own hair style apart from cheer!) I would like to see the high dog ear thing make a comeback....:big grin: or the high dog ear braided! It was cute in its day! Seriously, I like all styles as long as they are uniformed, neat, and safely out of the way!
I hate the cheer curls, I really despise them. I am with another poster and would love to see a comeback of the high dog ears, with a little curl.