Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Saddam's Trial
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They're trying Saddam for the deaths of 148 Shiite people in like the 1980s, and having trouble convicting him, like it even needs to be discussed. So why don't they just try him for all the people he tortured and kill until the United States invaded Iraq?
Lol, the trial is total BS.
They should convict him the first day.
They arn't trying him for everyone because this gives them more options if they don't believe that the punishment from this trial is good enough
All that judicial crap and stuff like that is retarded
schs_catcher#3 Wrote:All that judicial crap and stuff like that is retarded

No kidding. Sometimes, yes, you do need complicated trials and stuff to get everything right, but when it's something this obvious, just hang him. We have that problem in the US: there could be no question that someone is guilty of raping and killing a child, but they drag the trial out for years, and cost hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars in the process.
Beef Wrote:They arn't trying him for everyone because this gives them more options if they don't believe that the punishment from this trial is good enough

They're going to hang him, no matter what, I don't see why they just don't do it, or at least pick a charge that is a lot easier so it can be over quick. I guess maybe they thought this would be quick and easy, but Saddam's stretching it out
Lock him up for good
They have to go through the motions. Some Middle Eastern countries would go crazy if they drug him into the middle of the street to hang him. I'd personally like to see a new reality show about him. The weekly "lets torture Saddam Hour". I think it could beat out American Idol in the Nielsen rankings.
Blackcat75 Wrote:Lock him up for good

Yeah right, do you know how light that would be on him? At least torture him or something

venom93 Wrote:They have to go through the motions. Some Middle Eastern countries would go crazy if they drug him into the middle of the street to hang him. I'd personally like to see a new reality show about him. The weekly "lets torture Saddam Hour". I think it could beat out American Idol in the Nielsen rankings.

I'd watch it, tape it, and buy three copies of the entire season on DVD
The problem is paper work. The reason he is being trialed for this and not other things is because his people shreded tons of papers that had proof of him signing papers that said execute these peoples. However the document for this execution was found...
FUPA Wrote:The problem is paper work. The reason he is being trialed for this and not other things is because his people shreded tons of papers that had proof of him signing papers that said execute these peoples. However the document for this execution was found...

Makes sense, I'd think that there's gotta be some more documents somewhere, thanks for the answer though
BFritz Wrote:Makes sense, I'd think that there's gotta be some more documents somewhere, thanks for the answer though
No problem. There has to be documents, we just have to find them before they get destroyed. My guess is that they are already gone. If I were in the chain of comman under Saddam, I would have had them destroyed a long time ago.