Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 54 - Elliott County 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Powell County

Estill Freshmen Trevor Jones was player of the Game
Is Elliott a little down this year? I know they have had some very good teams over the course of the past five years, but what are they looking like now? Are they young?
WideRight05 Wrote:Is Elliott a little down this year? I know they have had some very good teams over the course of the past five years, but what are they looking like now? Are they young?

They don't have the same players nor the Coach that Coached the team to all those wins couple years ago. I was at Powell yesterday with Estill watching Menifee and Elliott and Elliott is small but they can shoot the 3
Glad to see Estill get the win!!

Congrats Engineers!
Strikeout King Wrote:They don't have the same players nor the Coach that Coached the team to all those wins couple years ago. I was at Powell yesterday with Estill watching Menifee and Elliott and Elliott is small but they can shoot the 3

I saw them probably less than a handful of times over the past decade, mostly when they were at Rupp. They did shoot the 3 ball very well.
^ They have several good ball players on that team that will help them out a lot throughout there career at Elliott
Wow, Elliott only 29 points?
Estill lead at halftime by 21

Estill is a better team that what there record shows
Estill Co. 54
Elliott Co. 29

Estill Co.14 15 14 11 54
Elliott Co. 2 6 6 15 29

Red River Classic at Powell Co.

Estill Co. -- Jones 8, Tr. Jenkins 2, Baber 8, Muncie 8, Morris 6, Kase 3, Evans 8, Webster 2, Stamper 3, Dennis 3, Fike 1, Eaton 3.

Elliott Co. -- Nickell 11, Fraley 2, Flannery 2, Porter 3, Elliott 2, Griffith 3, Greene 3, Howell 3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
I guess that the talent pool of the recent years is no longer at Elliott CO.
Carlosknowsall Wrote:I guess that the talent pool of the recent years is no longer at Elliott CO.

You are partially correct. EC has some young kids with talent, short on height however. But yeah, the talent they had during their 3 straight Region titles rarley duplicates itself at a school as small as EC, especially this soon.
^ That was a rare group, honestly for a school of any size. The times I saw them at Rupp, they were all of similar height and played together very well...if I remember right I think their numbers were even 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 lol.