Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (15) Michigan St. 80 - (13) Indiana 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, so I guess MSU is better than UK!
EAST LANSING, MICH. — In 12 nonconference games, Cody Zeller looked like a player who wouldn’t miss a beat once conference play began.

Then came the Michigan State Spartans and a rude welcome to Big Ten basketball.

The 6-11 freshman was limited to a season-low four points and three rebounds and his teammates were unable to pick up the slack as No. 15 Michigan State used a big second half run to knock off No. 13 Indiana 80-65 at the Breslin Center.

“Cody saw what this game is like in the sense of this league when you go against some of the physical five-men that are in the league,’’ said IU coach Tom Crean. “But he’ll make some adjustments. He made some in the second half. It didn’t turn out to be a great game for him but he is a quick learner.’’

It was the first loss of the season for the Hoosiers (12-1, 0-1) and it doesn’t get any easier in the next few days. Saturday, IU will play host to No. 2 Ohio State at Assembly Hall and next week the Hoosiers will host Michigan.

Michigan State (12-2, 1-0), which lost its first two games of the season to North Carolina and Duke, won its 12th game in a row. Keith Appling had 25 points on 7-of-12 shooting, and Derrick Nix came off the bench to add 14 for the Spartans.

This one was a game of runs. Michigan State had a big one early to build up an 18-point lead with 5:09 to play in the first half. The Hoosiers then used a 13-2 run to close the gap to 36-29 at the break. But IU didn’t stop there. The Hoosiers scored the first 12 points of the second half to lead 41-36.

The IU lead was nine at 54-45 after Christian Watford hit a 3-pointer from the left wing with 11:07 to play. Just when it looked like the Spartans might be on the ropes, however, Michigan State had its biggest run of the game.

In a span of just over six minutes, Michigan State went on a 20-0 run to take control at 65-54. Appling scored on a drive to the basket and hit a free throw to start the run. Two free throws by Adreian Payne at the 5:13 mark ended it. Indiana would not get closer than eight points the rest of the way.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...ext|Sports
I expect a visit by Sparty today....
Sparty Sparty...where is ol Sparty...
^ Must be recovering from a Hangover...
^ Yeah, he must have been really excited because that just doesn't happen a lot at Michigan State. Big Grin
Both of these teams suck.

The win over UK was a fluke and the rest of the country knows it.
Stardust Wrote:I expect a visit by Sparty today....

Went missing.
Glad they beat Indiana, Its like watching duke seeing all those players flop. And they wasn't getting that call last night.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, so I guess MSU is better than UK!

But MSU<UNC<UK<Indiana<MSU<UNC<UK<Indiana<UNC<UK<Indiana<UNC<UK<Indiana<UNC<UK<Indiana<UNC<UK<Indiana

DOES NOT COMPUTE
Stardust Wrote:[Image: bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=B2&Date=20111228&Cat...h=410&q=60]

That has to be the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
I picked Michigan State to win this one but I definitely did not see the margin of victory to be that big. MSU is a very good team and will prove to be tough for a lot of teams to handle when March rolls around. They are very scrappy and put a lot of focus on rebounding and physicality in the paint. Keith Appling is the motor that makes this team run seems like, if he's hitting, they're tough to beat. Draymond Green is as much of a stat stuffer as it gets in college basketball averaging 15 Points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, and almost 2 steals per game. Not too shabby from a Power Forward.
Pages: 1 2