Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gallatin County 73 - Powell County 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gallatin County vs. Ryle for the Red River Classic Championship tomorrow
Powell was in this almost the whole game but coulda easily made it closer if their guards coul handle pressure an not turn it over. They prolly had close to 25 to's. They also went away from the big size advantage. Dennis was 6-7 from the field including a 3 pt shot an 2-2 from the line an ha 15pts in the first half an the second half he had 1 touch in the post an scored it. But until Powell utilizes the big man an plays inside out an there guards make 20 to's a game they are gonna struggle to pullout wins like they should b.
wasn't powell bigger than Gallatin?
Yes an no. Powell has the Dennis kid that's bout all the size they have. Other than that it was a bunch of guards playing. They just didn't utilize him in the 2nd like they did in the 1st. IMO he is the most underrated player in the region this yr
I was listening to it on the Radio and it sounded like Powell couldn't keep from turning it over
Ur right they have no guard play right now. Can't handle pressure an try to dribble thru everything instead of passing thru the press. It could b a huge problem for them down the stretch.
I really don't think these tournament games mean much, it's the Region and District Games that matter. I think the reason Estill played in this tournament was to get use to Powell's floor since that's where Districts is. That's why we're playing @ Knott Central in February
Same reason Powell is goin there too. But if u can't beat a press during the season or make free throws in estill's case during the season it only gets harder an more intense in district an region games
^ Agree 100%
12/28/2011Gallatin Co. 73Powell Co. 60Gallatin Co.14252212 73Powell Co.13231113 60Gallatin Co. -- Davis 18, O'Connor 3, Morgan 12, Z. Brown 24, N. Brown 4, Herndon 4, Ingram 8.Powell Co. -- Conner 6, Dennis 17, Pelphrey 11, Marcum 9, R. Goodwin 4, B. Goodwin 11, McCoy 2.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...rylink=cpy
Keep your heads up Powell, you'll be fine.