Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Blazer 59 Rose Hill 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
go t-cats ashland will stay alive and make it to the distric championship and go to morhead for region.
Big win for the Tomcats. CONGRATS.
Ah u beat me P Sad lol but I was their rosehill started playing really good in the paint till they were striped at the line which seems to be their weak point. but they had a good season an i say we have not seen the last of them, But ashland drew of course had a big night as well as being followed by brandon willams who dominated the board on reabounds,
now lets go cats an show these people who said this was not the year for the cat!
Congrats to the Tomcats.... :Cheerlead
Ashland started this game off leading 16-7 and from the looks of things early it was going to get ugly, but Rose Hill didn't quit and they kept attacking. They managed to cut the lead to five a couple times in the first half, but they could never come any closer, as they trailed 28-21 at halftime. In the second half, Ashland started a 5-0 run to make the score 33-21, and eventually the tomcats picked up their largest lead of the game at 39-25. Rose Hill still kept attacking though. The Royals made a big run off of some big plays by Dakota Euton down the stretch, and they slowly chipped the lead to 54-51. They eventually started fouling near the end. Robbie Wilcox hit one of two shots to make the score 55-51, and on Rose Hill's next possession, Tyler Reliford made a great play and stole the ball and got fouled with a little under a minute to go in the ball game. Rose hill had a couple more chances to score, but Ashland held them off in the final minute.

Other than the fact that Ashland missed 19 free throws tonight, I thought they played well. Rose Hill came out playing a zone defensively, trying to shut down the inside game for the Cats. Matt Thomas hit a couple mid-range jumpers against the zone and Adam Cannoy and Brandon Williams were open as Rose hill tried to trap at times. Drew McDavid was held to three points tonight and he was also in foul trouble for most of the game, but he did what he had to do defensively and he attacked the boards. In the second half Rose Hill pressed the Tomcats up and down the court. While the tomcats shredded it easily, it seemed like the Royals threw them off their game somewhat, as they started coming back.

I should also say what a great coaching job Tim Fraley and his staff have done at Rose Hill, as they have come a long way from last year. The Royals only had three wins last year, as they got beat up on by just about everybody in the region. This year, they made great strides despite the fact that Austin Robinson, who would have probably been the best player on that team this year, transferred. If this Rose Hill team stays together, they will definitely be a team to beat in the future. Good win for Ashland, and good luck to Rose hill in the future.
Congrats Ashland!