Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Rap/Hip Hop/R&B Song Period!?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Here it is, give it a listen.
None of thee above.
First off, there has never ever in history ever been a good Rap/HipHop song , let alone a best one.:yikes:

Now if you want to talk about "Some Old Time Rock n Roll" I'm sure we could have a great discussion about that. :biggrin:
???
i'll give him props for wearing a reds hat, and that's it
Bob Seger Wrote:First off, there has never ever in history ever been a good Rap/HipHop song , let alone a best one.:yikes:

Now if you want to talk about "Some Old Time Rock n Roll" I'm sure we could have a great discussion about that. :biggrin:

I agree with you Bobby.
Blah
I'm gonna have to go with this, pal. Lots would agree with me.

Here lately I can't listen to J Cole - Work Out enough...
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I'm gonna have to go with this, pal. Lots would agree with me.

Wore out this song when it first came out...
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I'm gonna have to go with this, pal. Lots would agree with me.

After listening to this for 45 seconds, ive came to the conclusion thats its really funny that black people get mad for getting called the N word, and some really do and hate the word, but some then sing a song that literally says it 45 times in the first 30 seconds.
Thats garbage.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:After listening to this for 45 seconds, ive came to the conclusion thats its really funny that black people get mad for getting called the N word, and some really do and hate the word, but some then sing a song that literally says it 45 times in the first 30 seconds.
Thats garbage.

It's not the word itself that gets us offended, it's the intent behind it. If you offer up a dap/handshake/five and throw in the n word, 8 out of 10 are cool with that. But if you use it as a derogatory statement, or if your intent is to put the person down, then it's not cool.

and when another black person uses it in a negative manner, then it's like putting yourself down as well, so there's no need to get offended.

For me, I don't care either way, it's just a word.
I thought they buried the N word?
toussaints Wrote:It's not the word itself that gets us offended, it's the intent behind it. If you offer up a dap/handshake/five and throw in the n word, 8 out of 10 are cool with that. But if you use it as a derogatory statement, or if your intent is to put the person down, then it's not cool.

and when another black person uses it in a negative manner, then it's like putting yourself down as well, so there's no need to get offended.

For me, I don't care either way, it's just a word.

I definitely understand what your saying.
Its a lose lose situation even using the word for anyone who isnt black, and it shouldnt be said IMO.
How blacks use the word is there own choice, but we too often see big celbrity rappers get mad about being called one when there music itself suggest just what there getting mad about.
And like you, i feel that words are just words. A sticks and stones type of thing, but i have a feeling no matter how far into the future you go, there will always be truly racist people. Its something that gets taught from generation to generation especially in this part of the country making some people look even more stupid as this world evolves into not caring about color.
But not everybody is as smart as all of us :biggrin:
Dude no...Just no. This is the best period
[YOUTUBE="Sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight"]diiL9bqvalo[/YOUTUBE]