Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chuck Hayes is Already Leading the Kings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the Sacramento Bee:

Quote:Hayes hasn't practiced since Dec. 14, but he's expected to fit in where he was before having more tests on his heart.Hayes, who had played his first six seasons in Houston, made a big impression with the Kings in less than two weeks.

Players chose to keep Hayes' jersey in the locker room during Tuesday's preseason game against the Warriors.And players broke their huddles by saying "Chuck!" Westphal joked that won't happen anymore to avoid inflating Hayes' ego.

Cousins said the Kings' "prayers were answered" when they found out Hayes was healthy."Chuck was that veteran leader on this team," Cousins said. "Chuck was basically the voice on this team, the most experienced. That's who we all looked up to, and when Chuck left, that was a big piece of our team."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/24/4143590...rylink=cpy

Chuck Hayes is my favorite Wildcat of all time, and now that he is a King, it just makes it that much sweeter!
I was a big fan of Chuck Hayes when he was at UK but I never would have dreamed he would have had the career that he has had so far. Undersized, not overly athletic and not a superb shooter but he it is that he signs a nice contract and year in and year out he is an important player for his team.
Chucky leading the kings.
Why?
Well, Because they are terrible..
Sorry LWC, But they suck..
They will be good in a few years if they keep the team they have and don't trade noone and get good draft picks...
But the TM don't know what he's doing..
Chuck Hayes has a leadership ability that will work wonders for any team he is on. He has a tremendous work ethic. I like to use his senior year at Kentucky as an example. He was good for about 10 points, 8 rebounds, and a couple of assists per game, but his leadership and ethic spread throughout a young Kentucky team that came an overtime away from a final four in 2005. The next year Kentucky returned a majority of the players that were on this team, but struggled to a 22-13 record partially due to the lack of leadership that Hayes provided. That small example goes to show the large impact that Hayes has on his team.
Ballers Wrote:Chucky leading the kings.
Why?
Well, Because they are terrible..
Sorry LWC, But they suck..
They will be good in a few years if they keep the team they have and don't trade noone and get good draft picks...
But the TM don't know what he's doing..

I agree that in a few years they will be good. However, they played an okay game tonight. Shot terrible from the free-throw line and tried their best to give the game away in the 4th and still won.

I believe they can contend for the 8th playoff spot in the West. Remember that the Spurs and Lakers keep getting older and it looks like the Mavs have fell apart......
Good for Chuck Hayes. Keep up the good work!
I don't think the Kings suck. I can see the Kings in the playoff picture this year.
^I agree about playoff hunt IF Boogie can stay out of foul trouble!