Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Football 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Given that there have been a few recent posts about Mountain Football, including the "All-Mountain" team, I thought it would be a good time to bring up the 2012 season and the teams in the mountains. One thing that always stood out to me about mountain football to succeed, A. You better be able to have a good, physical defense, and B. Have an offense that is excellent at clock control and getting "3 yards and a cloud of dust" every play. Makes for some exciting football. That being said, if you had to make a case for the best team in the mountains next year, who would it be? I will start off, thinking from the top of my head, and say Johnson Central. They lose J.J. Jude, who no question was an excellent runningback, but other than him they were a very young team last year. One year under Matney's system and these guys will be much, much improved and I think will be a legitimate threat next year. What are your thoughts on who will have the best mountain team?
I will start out with a WAY EARLY mountain top 10 without much knowledge.
This is just a guesss as to what i seen last year and what we can expect this year.
Keep in mind, this is way early, and other people will know more about a lot of the teams than i do, so ill start out a top 10 and maybe we can all use our knowledge to try and garner up a top 10 preseason ranking.

1. Bell County (I know, Belfry was one point a way from a state championship over a team that shut Bell out. BUT, Belfry should look at this as a challenge to keep winning and wait until Bell falls, which is possible thiss year. Strictly going by mountain football, Bell hass only lost to 4 mountain teams since the 2000 season. Prestonsburg once, Corbin once, Whitley County once, and Rockcastle County a few times. Im surprised to see how Wayne Mills keeps that program running now that Bell is left with a few question marks. Davenport is gone, yet Polley returns as one of the most underrated players in the mountains. I dont think Bell will dominate mountain teams like they have in the past in 2012, but i fully expect them to be in the mix come next Novemeber.)

2. Belfry (A 1B. team if you will, Belfry was about 2 or 3 minutes away from capturing another title under one of the best high school football coaches this state has ever seen.There are a lot of Belfry posters on this site that can provide a lot more in depth detail of that team than i can ever do, but from what ive read and seen, this team returns a good group of players that may send them back to Bowing Green next December. Can we get lucky enough to settle this Bell/Belfry 1/2 debate next December? One can only hope!)

3. Harlan County (We all know what coach Larkey is capable of making something out of nothing. But dont think Harlan County is starting from scratch this year. This team brings back loads of talent and while players like Mcmillan and Brewer are extremely hard to replace, there are some big time players that could step up and finish what they started last year. In order to make it out of this eastern side of 5A and to stand any chance of competing with the likes of western schools like John Hardin and Bowling Green, there definitely going to have to find ssome kind of balanced offense that can keep defenses guesssing as to what there going to do. I expect nothing less from a Larkey coached team and with the excitement of actually having there own stadium to play in this year, great things could come out of Harlan County)

4. Breathitt County (With a team that played Belfry with everything they had, Breathitt County ended the season with 1 loss this year and with a boatload of players returning, one thing remains at Breathitt County and that is some good talent. With only around 10 seniors gone, Breathitt returns about 17 or 18 seniors to step up and fill the void that this years graduating class left, especially on offense. I fully expect it to be another Belfry/Breathitt showdown come November to decide whos going to Bowling Green. Can they take down mighty Belfry? I leave that one to be determined.)

5. Whitley County (As most of you know, i know more about Whitley than anyone else. This past year i knew we'd struggle. A team filled with freshmen and sophomores, with a schedule that includes Bell, Boyle, Somerset, and Harlan County, things looked bleak heading into the 2011 campaign. But some bright spots occured that i wasnt expecting. A surprise win over Somerset, a 1 point loss to a very good Perry Central team and a hard fought game against Bell, made me a believer coming into this year. With a young team also comes dissapointment like blow out losses to Boyle and Harlan County and awful games against SW and Letcher makes me hope weve learned our lesson. With every skill player returning the key to this team will be A. Can we find 5 guys to go up front who can handle the void left by 4 senior offensive lineman lost to graduation, including a tigh end? and B. Are we ready for the level of play that this schedule brings? Whitley returns a sophomore QB who came out of nowhere to start last year and seemed like his was finally coming into his own at seasons end, and a senior fullback in Bryant who gained multitudes of respect for his determination for going the extra mile just to get another yard or two.)

6. Hazard (The little engine that could and DID. You cant say enough about this years 1A state champions. I dont think Mayfield or anybody for that matter knew Hazard would be holding there first state championship trophy at seasons end last year. Hazard lost some great players due to graduation such as Blanton and Combs who really made Hazard stand out. Things will be harder this year for the Dawgs as teams like Pikeville and Wburg will be there trying to do the same things again that they couldnt accomplish last year. And as the saying goes, to be the best you have to beat the best and as of right now, Hazard was this years 1A state champions.)

7. Prestonsburg (To be honest, i think this team was setting back waiting for this year. They took some bumps and bruises this year but return boatloads of talent to retake that 2A mountain title. With all the players Leslie County lose I dont think many teams are going to step up and challenge Pburg. Someret seems like a healthy foe for Pburg, but time will only tell with that one)

8. Somerset (Some of you can help me out with the Pburg-Somerset dilemma. I went with Pburg simply because of everything they return although i could be dead wrong. Somerset seems to be a team that can really play some ball every year on a consistent basis. Being able to watch them first hand this year made me realize just how good a 2A team can be. Maybe they should be ranked ahead of Pburg, so ill leave that one up to you all.)

9. Williamsburg (This team is LOADED down with talent that could dethrown Hazard in there first year as defending state champs. With a sophomore QB who last year led 1A in yards, along with the fact they only lost 3 players to graduation makes me have high expectations for Wburg not only this year but in 2013 as well. This team improved each week threw the entire year and will be ready to make some noise. Coach Herron is another very underrated coach who fields a good 1A football team every year and this year things may finally fall in place to get Wburg to Bowling Green. I thought Wburg could compete last year and they did, but they were just overmatched against Hazard. This year, things will be even tougher as a trip to Hazard will most likely be in store come late November, but dont be surprised to see Wburg only lose 1 or 2 games this year.)

10. Pulaski County (If theres one team that seems to bounce back and be a thorn in everyones side in 5A's region four every other year, its Pulaski County. This team was beaten this year by teams that i fully believe Pulaski County can come back and beat. With all they have returning, the two 5A districts in the mountains could honestly come down to a surpising team coming out of nowhere to take the crown.

Other teams barely off my list....

Johnson Central (With the loss of Jude, does this team completely dimantle this year, or do they still have the tools to keep that winning tradtion alive. I know one thing, id feel good knowing Matney is leading the way.

Pikeville (You gotta love Pikeville football. Time and time again there overlooked by big brother Belfry while holding there own each and every year and always being in the hunt for a region title)

Perry Central (This team didnt lose as much as you think. While Robinson and Huff are gone, there still and Robinson left who could be one of the top players in the mountains as well a great recieving core to go with it. Can they find someone to get the ball to that recieving core?)

Southwestern (One game away from a state championship appearance, SW fought through a rough in-team struggle as well as switching coaches mid way threw the season only to see there season ended by a good Anderson County team one week before the state championship)

Rockcastle County (Man, i was high on this years Rock team. A play here and there and a injury or two IMO kept Rock from competing when it came to playing the top notch 4A teams that that district has to fool with in the playoffs.

Knox Central (this team lost a lot. Its that simple. A down year is likely, but i wouldnt be surprised to see them make an upset or two happen.)
Your crazy if you don't think Johnson Central will be in the top 10 of the mountains next year.
MR. Slate Wrote:Your crazy if you don't think Johnson Central will be in the top 10 of the mountains next year.

I wouldn't call him crazy for not having JC in the top 10 right off..Jude isn't going to be an easy guy to replace, the offensive success the last few years has pretty much depended on how well he does.
That's a good list overall, but I agree that Johnson Central can't be any lower than No. 5.
I saw Johnson Central's eighth-grade team four years ago and they were very good. I'm sure the talent is still there. If Bell is there automatically (and they did lose Davenport), then Johnson Central probably deserves the same consideration, or at least in the top five.
Perry Central did lose eight starters both ways, unless my roster was incorrect.
I remember the same kind of comments being made about Johnson Central after Ron Blume's senior season, and again after Shawn Grimm's senior season. Johnson Central has been successful because of the program Jim Matney has built there. J. J. Jude was an exceptional fit for Matney's system but from what I have heard about the middle school program, JC may have more talent in the pipeline than ever.

2011 was a rebuilding year for JC and they were still a top 10 mountain team. It is crazy to think that they will not be better in 2012.
Runitupthegut is a pretty smart guy, so I would say there is something he saw this year in JC maybe that made him hesitant to put them on his list. That being said, in my opinion I thought that QB for JC as well as the FB Dillon were both capable players that could do very well next season with a year of experience under their belt. Hoot Gibson mentioned the middle school teams. I spoke a coach who I know from one of their opponents earlier this year and he said their middle school teams were very, very talented and if those guys all hang around JC will be extremely tough. Every year since Matney has been there, he has had a star back, and another one "waiting in the shadows" to take over. For instance, when Blume was at JC, Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson were playing second fiddle, but ended up taking over next year. And so on. I think there will definitely be somebody step it up, I just don't see Matney not having a great go-to guy.

Other than JC, I am sold on Harlan County - I think under Larkey they are going to be very, very good next year and possibly the best team in the mountains. I thought HC was underrated this year. It will be interesting to see how well they do next year.

Finally, my dark horse - Williamsburg.
Bell #1 until proven otherwise.
WideRight05 Wrote:Runitupthegut is a pretty smart guy, so I would say there is something he saw this year in JC maybe that made him hesitant to put them on his list. That being said, in my opinion I thought that QB for JC as well as the FB Dillon were both capable players that could do very well next season with a year of experience under their belt. Hoot Gibson mentioned the middle school teams. I spoke a coach who I know from one of their opponents earlier this year and he said their middle school teams were very, very talented and if those guys all hang around JC will be extremely tough. Every year since Matney has been there, he has had a star back, and another one "waiting in the shadows" to take over. For instance, when Blume was at JC, Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson were playing second fiddle, but ended up taking over next year. And so on. I think there will definitely be somebody step it up, I just don't see Matney not having a great go-to guy.

Other than JC, I am sold on Harlan County - I think under Larkey they are going to be very, very good next year and possibly the best team in the mountains. I thought HC was underrated this year. It will be interesting to see how well they do next year.

Williamsburg will be good next year,no doubt. But they will have to get by Harlan who did beat them early in the season 41-22 when everyone was healthy. Harlan then lost to them at Williamsburg in the playoffs 38-6 after having 5 starters out to injury and grades. The Dragons return all but 3 that graduated,two linemen and one WR,and their QB led 1A in passing percentage and had 29 TD's on the season. This season coming is the one everyone at Harlan has looked forward too for the past 3 as they will have,I think,15 seniors and 8 juniors returning. They will be loaded with talent. I expect it to be a much closer game than last season's playoff flop and the winner to challenge Hazard for the region. Any good team can be saddled with injuries any season. It just so happened to the Dragons last season. They will be ready this season. Williamsburg will have their work cut out for them.
Aldric Perfidus Wrote:Bell #1 until proven otherwise.

I agree. Don't see anyone in the mountains beating them next season either.
There are a whole bunch of folks on Pond Creek who does disagree that Bell is King of the Mountains! What have they done in the past few years that Belfry hasn't, except lose in two State Championship games to very good Central teams.? I am just curious what they have done in the past few years to have all this praise bestowed on them so leisurely? Having said all of that, I hope we get to see who is King of the Hill in December 2012
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I remember the same kind of comments being made about Johnson Central after Ron Blume's senior season, and again after Shawn Grimm's senior season. Johnson Central has been successful because of the program Jim Matney has built there. J. J. Jude was an exceptional fit for Matney's system but from what I have heard about the middle school program, JC may have more talent in the pipeline than ever.

2011 was a rebuilding year for JC and they were still a top 10 mountain team. It is crazy to think that they will not be better in 2012.
As we all know you don't loose a player the caliber Of Jude and not miss him. The truth is that JCHS was truly in a building year. Knowing the kids like others,the team will be much more competitive and are well deserving to be in the top 10.
I am glad Rockcastle County is not on the list. The boys heads will not be swelled for sure this season. They lost a lot but have some good stuff coming up. Usually, it is a knee-jerk reaction to put a 9-win team that returns a lot of its line and QB in the top 10.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:8. Somerset (Some of you can help me out with the Pburg-Somerset dilemma. I went with Pburg simply because of everything they return although i could be dead wrong. Somerset seems to be a team that can really play some ball every year on a consistent basis. Being able to watch them first hand this year made me realize just how good a 2A team can be. Maybe they should be ranked ahead of Pburg, so ill leave that one up to you all.)

I don't want to make too much of a reach this early into the offseason, but Somerset could be a top 5 team in the mountains next season. We return 7 starters on each side of the ball and are bringing in an extremely talented 8th grade bunch (Div. 1 State Champs) that includes Castle Hatcher who is arguably the best 8th grade QB in the state. Many of our core players this past season were sophomores also. I know that the boys have been going HAM in the weight room over the Christmas break here. We lost a great group of seniors this season but we have a great group of kids who should be fully prepared to fill their shoes. I think another regional championship is definitely the expectation at this point. One thing is for sure, next season is going to be extremely exciting every week as we have Hazard, Breathitt Co., Perry Central, and Whitley Co. coming to the Briar Patch for rematches, as well as an early season cross-town matchup between two region champs in us and Southwestern. I think we are reloaded and ready to make another run at Bowling Green, only time will tell though. It will definitely be an exciting season, I can't wait!
MR. Slate Wrote:Your crazy if you don't think Johnson Central will be in the top 10 of the mountains next year.

If you would have actually read the entire post besides looking at just 1-10 you would have seen where i said that i was only going purely by guess and that i asked what other people would change as i know this list is probably no where near what the actual top 10 will end up being and that until some other people bring up what there team lost and didnt lose theres no way anybody could actually predict a top 10 accurately this early on.

I didnt say JC would be a top 10 team, only that i knew they lost some good seniors as well as Jude, who IMO was there complete offense as i seen them last year. I dont understand how anybody on the outside of JC looking in would disagree that losing the states all time leading rusher would be hard to overcome the next year.
WideRight05 Wrote:Runitupthegut is a pretty smart guy, so I would say there is something he saw this year in JC maybe that made him hesitant to put them on his list. That being said, in my opinion I thought that QB for JC as well as the FB Dillon were both capable players that could do very well next season with a year of experience under their belt. Hoot Gibson mentioned the middle school teams. I spoke a coach who I know from one of their opponents earlier this year and he said their middle school teams were very, very talented and if those guys all hang around JC will be extremely tough. Every year since Matney has been there, he has had a star back, and another one "waiting in the shadows" to take over. For instance, when Blume was at JC, Shawn Grimm and Blake Johnson were playing second fiddle, but ended up taking over next year. And so on. I think there will definitely be somebody step it up, I just don't see Matney not having a great go-to guy.

Good post.
When Grimm and Blume were at Jc we always knew of the next guy that was going to step up, but this year, who is that player for JC? I remember hearing of Jude when he was a freshmen but i havent heard anything on JC's next up and comer.

Williamsburg is my dark horse as well.
Thats one reason i actually ranked them. I know this team has a boat load of talent and ive watched a lot of those kids grow up.
I wouldnt be surprised if there taking there turn at state this year.
Doughboy304 Wrote:There are a whole bunch of folks on Pond Creek who does disagree that Bell is King of the Mountains! What have they done in the past few years that Belfry hasn't, except lose in two State Championship games to very good Central teams.? I am just curious what they have done in the past few years to have all this praise bestowed on them so leisurely? Having said all of that, I hope we get to see who is King of the Hill in December 2012

Well, when Bell slips up then tell Belfry not to lose and Belfry can be in the same situation Bell is in.No matter what you cant argue that Bell has lost the so called "reign" if were talking strictly mountain teams.
I know WYMT tried that with Harlan County this year and Bell just showed why they were still number 1.
LWC Wrote:I am glad Rockcastle County is not on the list. The boys heads will not be swelled for sure this season. They lost a lot but have some good stuff coming up. Usually, it is a knee-jerk reaction to put a 9-win team that returns a lot of its line and QB in the top 10.

I didnt intentionally mean to leave Rock off but with the other teams listed they were hard to pick over them.
Unlike many other rankings, WYMT's doesnt nescesarily mean the best teams, but the teams that have the best record. If it went by the best overall teams and everyone in the mountains played each other it would be very hard to put 3 or 4 teams on this list over Rock as i seriously think Rock could beat 4 or 5 of these teams on any givin day, but with the district and region Rock is in, i dont see them haveing as succesful of a year as they did last year and while they may be better and could beat lets say Williamsburg, Rock is likely to go 6-4 or 5-5 while Williamsburg could go 9-1 or 8-2 against there competetion.
I pretty much ranked them according to who i see as having the most success in 2012 instead of who could beat who.
That was my deal with JC, its going to be very hard for them to have a very successful season in that distrcit and region.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didnt intentionally mean to leave Rock off but with the other teams listed they were hard to pick over them.
Unlike many other rankings, WYMT's doesnt nescesarily mean the best teams, but the teams that have the best record. If it went by the best overall teams and everyone in the mountains played each other it would be very hard to put 3 or 4 teams on this list over Rock as i seriously think Rock could beat 4 or 5 of these teams on any givin day, but with the district and region Rock is in, i dont see them haveing as succesful of a year as they did last year and while they may be better and could beat lets say Williamsburg, Rock is likely to go 6-4 or 5-5 while Williamsburg could go 9-1 or 8-2 against there competetion.
I pretty much ranked them according to who i see as having the most success in 2012 instead of who could beat who.
That was my deal with JC, its going to be very hard for them to have a very successful season in that distrcit and region.

Well, I didn't take it as a slap to Rockcastle. The boys will just have to earn some respect if they want it. Or.....they can be mediocre. It will be up to them. They will be losing quite a class of kids in the seniors that are now departed, but, they still have the makings for a pretty decent team if certain people step up and fill in blank spots. I still have one dog in the fight....he'll be ready to roll come August.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Good post.
When Grimm and Blume were at Jc we always knew of the next guy that was going to step up, but this year, who is that player for JC? I remember hearing of Jude when he was a freshmen but i havent heard anything on JC's next up and comer.

Williamsburg is my dark horse as well.
Thats one reason i actually ranked them. I know this team has a boat load of talent and ive watched a lot of those kids grow up.
I wouldnt be surprised if there taking there turn at state this year.

A couple of different scenarios could happen. Next year I think Matney possibly has someone up his sleeve. However, I thought that QB and FB for JC this year were overshadowed by Jude. Provided Matney doesn't have a big superstar up his sleeve, I think he will do similar to what Belfry did this year. The time I saw Belfry I thought they had four or five rock solid guys rushing the ball, each with his own specialty skill. They all got a few touches during the game. JC would have a similar plan like that next year. The QB (I apologize in advance for being so terrible with names lol) who had a pretty solid arm and even better running skills would be used more, especially in the run. That fullback, Dillon, I believe his name was would be used more. I'm sure Matney has one or two more guys that are capable of being at least solid runningbacks. Throw in that most of the guys surrounding them will be returning and blocking better, and I think that would make up for what JC did not have around Jude this year. I like J.J. Jude and think that there is no doubt he is a great runner and that Matney knows the game of football very well, but I think Jude got a few more carries than he needed this year, and that overshadowed the skills of the FB, Dillon, as well as the QB.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I didnt intentionally mean to leave Rock off but with the other teams listed they were hard to pick over them.

I wasn't saying you should. I do not believe they are a top 10 team. I was just glad to see that you didn't rank them and get them over-inflated.

papagrit Wrote:Well, I didn't take it as a slap to Rockcastle. The boys will just have to earn some respect if they want it. Or.....they can be mediocre. It will be up to them. They will be losing quite a class of kids in the seniors that are now departed, but, they still have the makings for a pretty decent team if certain people step up and fill in blank spots. I still have one dog in the fight....he'll be ready to roll come August.

I agree. They have talent in the right spots, got to see what they do in the weight-room.
Prior to last season, Johnson Central had won 5 straight district championships. Covington Catholic last beat Johnson Central on their way to the 2006 state title. Ashland had a senior dominated team last season and will not be favored to win the district over the Golden Eagles again.

Unless you define a successful season as nothing short of a state title, JC will have a very successful season in 2012. They will be the heavy favorite to win their district and barring an upset, I can easily see them entering the playoffs with a perfect record.
papagrit Wrote:Well, I didn't take it as a slap to Rockcastle. The boys will just have to earn some respect if they want it. Or.....they can be mediocre. It will be up to them. They will be losing quite a class of kids in the seniors that are now departed, but, they still have the makings for a pretty decent team if certain people step up and fill in blank spots. I still have one dog in the fight....he'll be ready to roll come August.

Wht all does Rock return on offense?
Will they have there entire o line coming back or just lose 1 or 2?
LWC Wrote:I wasn't saying you should. I do not believe they are a top 10 team. I was just glad to see that you didn't rank them and get them over-inflated.

I agree. They have talent in the right spots, got to see what they do in the weight-room.

Yea i didnt take it that way LWC, i knew where you were comin from. You, better than anyone else, knew that i was extremely high on Rock last year and i even called for them to win district.
I figured with the loss of some key players, Rock would have somewhat of a rebuilding year.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Prior to last season, Johnson Central had won 5 straight district championships. Covington Catholic last beat Johnson Central on their way to the 2006 state title. Ashland had a senior dominated team last season and will not be favored to win the district over the Golden Eagles again.

Unless you define a successful season as nothing short of a state title, JC will have a very successful season in 2012. They will be the heavy favorite to win their district and barring an upset, I can easily see them entering the playoffs with a perfect record.

Im not doubting JC.
I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them fly threw district again, but give us some names. As i said earlier, im just guessing, aand im in no way saying what i posted is how it should be but i know nothing of what JC brings back.
Who exactly will be there to step up in place of Jude?
What does Ashland bring back?
Prestonsburg is not in the top ten. They lost over 10 seniors and they all produced more than their share. They not only lost more than their share, they have to many questions.

I think District 7 has three teams that could win district 8 in 2A.

I would definitely put johnson Central in the top ten.

I would also question Pikeville. People dont know how hard it would be to replace Randy Maynard. He was a Field General. Also a team with question marks.

I might put Morgan County on it, seems like they were getting better every year. Also maybe put somerset, I mean they did win region.
Backwoods Wrote:[/B]

Williamsburg will be good next year,no doubt. But they will have to get by Harlan who did beat them early in the season 41-22 when everyone was healthy. Harlan then lost to them at Williamsburg in the playoffs 38-6 after having 5 starters out to injury and grades. The Dragons return all but 3 that graduated,two linemen and one WR,and their QB led 1A in passing percentage and had 29 TD's on the season. This season coming is the one everyone at Harlan has looked forward too for the past 3 as they will have,I think,15 seniors and 8 juniors returning. They will be loaded with talent. I expect it to be a much closer game than last season's playoff flop and the winner to challenge Hazard for the region. Any good team can be saddled with injuries any season. It just so happened to the Dragons last season. They will be ready this season. Williamsburg will have their work cut out for them.

I knew Harlan was really depleted in there second match against Wburg.
What all does Harlan bring back? I thought they had lost a lot more than they did. Did Saragus grdaute? Who will replace him?
I know Wburg returns pretty much everybody as well. They will even get 1 or 2 fresshmen that could see ome good minutes at the receiver position, which at Wburg is good to have and they could start subbing receiver after receiver in and it could be hard for some defenses to stop.
sheriff Wrote:Prestonsburg is not in the top ten. They lost over 10 seniors and they all produced more than their share. They not only lost more than their share, they have to many questions.

I think District 7 has three teams that could win district 8 in 2A.

I would definitely put johnson Central in the top ten.

I would also question Pikeville. People dont know how hard it would be to replace Randy Maynard. He was a Field General. Also a team with question marks.

I might put Morgan County on it, seems like they were getting better every year. Also maybe put somerset, I mean they did win region.

Who could challenge Pburg besides Somerset?
What 3 teams in distrcit 7?
To my knowledge, ive never seen Morgan County considered on any mountain list.
Somerset is on there.
Doughboy304 Wrote:There are a whole bunch of folks on Pond Creek who does disagree that Bell is King of the Mountains! What have they done in the past few years that Belfry hasn't, except lose in two State Championship games to very good Central teams.? I am just curious what they have done in the past few years to have all this praise bestowed on them so leisurely? Having said all of that, I hope we get to see who is King of the Hill in December 2012

I too hope we get to see in 2012. You ask what Bell has done, we've lost to 3 mountain teams since 2000. To be fair also...yea, you guys have been in the state title game the past two years...but you've also lost the state championship the last two years. Bell won it in '08, when was the last time Belfry won? '04? And yes...Belfry-central was an incredible game this year..I was in the stadium watching it, yes they actually scored on Central where as Bell couldn't, but I'm not gonna play nice and act like the game would have had the same outcome had Wales played the full game. Corbin also kept close to them until Wales started playing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I knew Harlan was really depleted in there second match against Wburg.
What all does Harlan bring back? I thought they had lost a lot more than they did. Did Saragus grdaute? Who will replace him?
I know Wburg returns pretty much everybody as well. They will even get 1 or 2 fresshmen that could see ome good minutes at the receiver position, which at Wburg is good to have and they could start subbing receiver after receiver in and it could be hard for some defenses to stop.

Saragas returns along with Morris,Logan,Williams and Allen,three of which were in the top 10 recievers in 1A at one point in the season along with Bianchi,but Bianchi is gone now. Harlan lost 2 linemen,Turbyfill and Chasteen,and that's all. Everyone else is back. I expect them to be an etremely tough out next season,especially with a good year in the weight room. Overbey also returns and he was listed as one of the top 25 recruiting picks for 2012 in the state. He was injured a large part of the season last year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5