Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NFL Playoff Picture 12/24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFC

1. Green Bay 13-1 (Clinched Division/First Round Bye)
2. San Francisco 12-3 (Clinched Division)
3. New Orleans 11-3 (Clinched Playoff Birth)
4. N.Y. Giants 8-7
5. Detroit 10-5 (Clinched Playoff Birth)
6. Atlanta 9-5

Still Alive
7. Dallas 8-7
8. Chicago 7-7

Every one else is elminated

• San Francisco is the No. 2 seed ahead of New Orleans based on conference record (8-2 to the Saints' 7-3).
• N.Y. Giants are the NFC East leader ahead of Dallas based on head to head (1-0).

AFC

1. New England 12-3 (Clinched Division/First Round Bye)
2. Baltimore 11-4 (Clinched Playoff Birth)
3. Houston 10-5 (Clinched Division)
4. Denver 8-7
5. Pittssburgh 11-4 (Clinched Playoff Birth)
6. Cincinnati 9-6

Still Alive
7. Oakland 8-7
8. Tennessee 8-7
9. N.Y. Jets 8-7

Everyone else is eliminated.

AFC tiebreakers:

• Baltimore is the AFC North leader ahead of Pittsburgh based on head to head (2-0).
• Denver is the AFC West leader ahead of Oakland based on common games (6-5 to the Raiders' 5-6).
• Oakland finishes ahead of N.Y. Jets and Tennessee based on strength of victory (.453 to the Jets' .398 and the Titans' .373).
• Tennessee finishes ahead of N.Y. Jets based on common games (4-1 to the Jets' 3-2).
Theres still a lot to be determined next week.

I honestly see the NFC staying the way it is right now.
In the AFC im gonna say Cincy misses and Oakland makes it.
^ Based on your track record of predicting anything correctly, I feel 100% confident that the Bengals win next week!
^
considering i called the Steelers over the bungles perfectly, ill take my chances.
look on the bright side, youll always have the brownies.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
considering i called the Steelers over the bungles perfectly, ill take my chances.

You, being the Blind Squirrel, found your lone Nut!!!:flame:
Around here it appears its the blind leading the blind. Now quit running into me.
Since Houston has clinched the division and have a 2-game lead on the AFC West champ, whoever that might be (probably Denver because they would have to lose AND Oakland would have to win for it to be different), they are almost guaranteed to play the worst playoff team in the first round at home.

Right now that means Cincinnati @ Houston in Round 1.
^
:hilarious:

Your dead on, IF Cincy even makes it, highly unlikely.
Id put my money on Oakland or Tenn
^Who does each team play? I know Denver gets KC, but who else plays whom?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Around here it appears its the blind leading the blind. Now quit running into me.

[Image: blind-mice-lrg-web.jpg]
Carolina at New Orleans
Chicago at Minnesota
N.Y. Jets at Miami
Buffalo at New England
San Francisco at St. Louis
Detroit at Green Bay
Washington at Philadelphia
Indianapolis at Jacksonville
Tennessee at Houston
Seattle at Arizona
Kansas City at Denver
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
San Diego at Oakland
Dallas at NY Giants
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Theres still a lot to be determined next week.

I honestly see the NFC staying the way it is right now.
In the AFC im gonna say Cincy misses and Oakland makes it.

I guess either way, we still win. If we lose and end up missing the playoffs, at least we'll have a shot at a draft pick provided the Raiders do well...
AFC West Scenarios

Dec 25, 2011 - With the Denver Broncos losing in Week 16 to the Buffalo Bills and the Oakland Raiders narrowly defeating the Kansas City Chiefs, both teams sit tied atop the AFC West at 8-7 heading into the season's final week. With the Broncos taking on the Chiefs, and the Raiders hosting the Chargers, a few different playoff scenarios are in play. Let's take a look at what would happen, or might happen, based on all four potential outcomes of next week's games involving the Broncos and Raiders.

Broncos win, Raiders lose:
The Broncos would be in the playoffs as AFC West champions, and the Raiders would be going home at 8-8.

Broncos win, Raiders win:
If Denver wins, they're in the playoffs as AFC West champions on account of holding the tiebreaker over Oakland. If Oakland also won, they'd still be in position at 9-7 to snag the last AFC Wild Card. According to Pro Football Talk, in order to grab that final Wild Card spot, the Raiders would need a win and Bengals and Titans losses, or a win and a Bengals loss and Jets victory. Crazier things have happened.

Broncos lose, Raiders win:
Oakland would be in as AFC West Champions, and the Broncos would be out at 8-8.

Broncos lose, Raiders lose:
Denver would sneak in as AFC West Champions at 8-8, thanks to the tiebreaker they hold over Oakland. The Raiders would miss the playoffs at 8-8
For the Titans to get in.

Titans win...Bengals lose...Raiders lose and have the Jets win.

Titans @ Texans
Ravens @ Bengals
Jets @ Dolphins
Chargers @ Raiders.

I like their chance of getting in. IF they take care of their own business in Houston.
^
Im confident the Ravens and Jets will win, but i dont see Oakland beating SD right now.
Either way id take the titans over the other 3 any day.
OR

The Titans get in if.

Titans--Win
Bengals--lose
Jets-Lose
Broncos-win
Raiders-win