Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How much do you owe in college loans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been a huge topic all over the country with the increase in tuition prices and other things.
How much do you owe?

I once heard a guy on a radio talk show, who was dentist, talking about how much he owed back.
He said he owed 800,000 dollars back to the government and becoming a dentist, while a lucrative career, was the biggest mistake he made because his student loan payment each month puts him in the negative.

Personally, mine wasnt to bad. I never lived on campus and i always paid for books out of pocket so i graduated only owing around 30,000.
I owed less than $15,000. Paid it off in less than 5 years with some paid off because of working in an inner city school
^
Thats good, my company paid me 1000 for every A i received and 500 for every B so that took a little chunk out. :biggrin:

Im just glad my wife went for free on scholarship lol.
I thought I was all good, but I've got about $2,000 left. I forgot I used it for a semester.
I was lucky. I didn't qualify for financial aid so my Mom and Dad paid for my undergrad ed.
Counting my M.Div when I finish, I will owe a total of $15,000.
Waaaaay too much!!!!!
I'm blessed to be able to say 0, I did not get a scholarship but was lucky enough to have help along the way.
A big fat 0, lol. I sure have paid for it in other ways though.
Dang some of you all got really lucky.
Are a lot of you that owe on your loans owing on a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or both?
^Mine is from my masters' degree and my wife's bachelors' degree combined. I got tons of help with my bachelors' graduated without any college loan debts.
WideRight05 Wrote:Are a lot of you that owe on your loans owing on a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or both?

Both. As i said before, luckily my wife went on a free ride so i didnt have to pay nothing there.
Online classes got me at EKU, there pretty much double a regular class, but there so much more accomidating.