Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Pineville 1987 Class A Playoffs Highlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Panthers start out slow but roll on to a 63-34 win at home in the '87 Playoffs.

The 1987 Panther team was the first to win a State Championship at PHS and the 1st of the first 3-peat in KHSAA Football history.

[YOUTUBE="Pikeville vs. Pineville 1987 Playoffs"]Q4YkHhKc5cw[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry about the poor quality, for some reason the program I use would only create it in this format.
Totally freaking awesome and the end is an all-time classic! Thanks for sharing PT!:rockon:
An awesome spectacle to watch. Brings back some good memories as a youngster that was fortunate enough to witness this team in person. Granted they were a nightmare to watch when your team was lined up against them. From a Belfry Pirate, let me say this team was a pleasure to watch and IMO will always be the greatest mountain team of all time if not statewide.
Would love to see Pikeville and Jenkins game back in 93. Both teams was 6-0 I think, and Pikeville won by two td's. That was the best Jenkins team we had. Our coach was Tim Mccoy.
Thanks PT. Was at that very game on a cold nov. night during the playoffs. Pineville was ready and had a good team with with lot's of talent and would have been quite a challange to any team in the mountains, but they were playing the likes of Pikeville that night. Pikeville ran away with it in the 2nd half and never looked back. What a game! WHAT A PIKEVILLE TEAM !!
Dang...that was like 6 months before I was born lol. Good stuff!
Great memories!
That was a great Pikeville team.
It's hard to realize just how good this team was in 87 unless you were there to watch them play.They were big, fast, & strong & did things right. They were primarily wishbone , but would run out of a pro set at times. The defense was awesome, working from a base 5-4. This team was amazing to say the least. Old school and fun to watch.
Call me stuck in the "Glory Days" if you want, but that was one awesome high school football team. Definitely fun to watch.