Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Moving to North Carolina next week!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After spending most of life as a resident of Kentucky, I will be moving to Jacksonville, NC next week. It will be a bittersweet time for me, I have been trying to get a full time job for about 2.5 years and I finally have one!! Unfortunately, my wife and 3 kids will have to stay back in Kentucky until June at the earliest.
I will be working as an elementary Special Education teacher. I am looking forward to this new adventure in my life, part of me is really going to miss KY because it is the only place I remember living. I feel this is what God has planned for me and everything will work out for the best.
Don't worry, I will still hate the Tar Heels.
Once I get settled, I will log on from time to time since I will have nobody with me. I know that you will keep me posted on UK. Please keep me posted on Raceland (or anything NEKY), Collins, and Shelby Co. events.
Jarons Wrote:After spending most of life as a resident of Kentucky, I will be moving to Jacksonville, NC next week. It will be a bittersweet time for me, I have been trying to get a full time job for about 2.5 years and I finally have one!! Unfortunately, my wife and 3 kids will have to stay back in Kentucky until June at the earliest.
I will be working as an elementary Special Education teacher. I am looking forward to this new adventure in my life, part of me is really going to miss KY because it is the only place I remember living. I feel this is what God has planned for me and everything will work out for the best.
Once I get settled, I will log on from time to time since I will have nobody with me. I know that you will keep me posted on UK. Please keep me posted on Raceland (or anything NEKY), Collins, and Shelby Co. events.

Hahahahahahahahhaha...my God man. Jacksonville?! That's the town that surrounds Camp Lejune...try to get a place that's not all that urban.

I'm in Fayetteville, at Bragg...I really, really hate this state, and it's fans. :welcome:

Good luck man. Hope you like the state better than I do.
Good Luck buddy!
Best of luck I love NC especially the outer banks
Good luck, be safe with the trip there.
Congrats on the new job!
Well you'll be alot closer to 'Angry Grandpa". He's from Charleston, South Carolina.

Not sure the distance...

But goodluck broski.
Good luck man.
Good luck with the new job, Jarons. I interviewed for a couple of jobs in Charlotte a few months ago. Aside from the Duke men's basketball team, coaching staff, fans, ball boys, etc., North Carolina is a great state in which to live. If you like pulled pork, then you will be in Hog Heaven. The only place that can compete with Carolina barbecue is the Memphis area, IMO.
Best of luck, Jarons.
Unlike Vundy, who showed ZERO sympathy, I feel for you Jarons. I have spent many days on the road traveling over the last 20 years, and I know how just a few days makes the heart weary when being away from your family and friends. I pray that the time will allow you to get everything established and ready for a joyous reunion. My prayers are with you and your family as you all make the transition to a new environment and I pray that God leads you to new friends that helps the transition go much easier.

Don't forget us. In your free time, drop in and give us a shout. I know that you will forever bleed BLUE, I just pray that it does not turn into UNC or dUKe BLUE!!! Wink
Congrats Jarons! I'm happy for you. Hopefully you and your family can reunite sooner.
God speed Jarons.
Good luck on your venture. Hope your reunited with your family sooner than expected.
I had to leave my family behind before for work & its tuff.
Best of luck to you, Jarons. That is an awesome position you are in, and while it may be difficult now, it'll be great for you in the wrong one.

And the best thing about BGR...no matter what, this family is only one message away!!!!
Thanks for the kind words. Reality set in last night while packing, my wife looked at me looking like she was about to cry and excitement about leaving waned a lot. I don't think my kids have realized the longevity of how long I will be gone. Good news is I will get to see them at least three times before June.
Stardust Wrote:Unlike Vundy, who showed ZERO sympathy, I feel for you Jarons. I have spent many days on the road traveling over the last 20 years, and I know how just a few days makes the heart weary when being away from your family and friends. I pray that the time will allow you to get everything established and ready for a joyous reunion. My prayers are with you and your family as you all make the transition to a new environment and I pray that God leads you to new friends that helps the transition go much easier.

Don't forget us. In your free time, drop in and give us a shout. I know that you will forever bleed BLUE, I just pray that it does not turn into UNC or dUKe BLUE!!! Wink
Don't worry about that. This will be my primary way I get my news about Kentucky.
My blood will not turn to UNC blue, they are in the category as the Cowboys and Yankees. I will NEVER root for them. The only time I root for Duke is when they play UNC.
Let us know if you need any care packages
Jarons Wrote:After spending most of life as a resident of Kentucky, I will be moving to Jacksonville, NC next week. It will be a bittersweet time for me, I have been trying to get a full time job for about 2.5 years and I finally have one!! Unfortunately, my wife and 3 kids will have to stay back in Kentucky until June at the earliest.
Good luck. Isn't there any Special Ed positions here in EKY? Used to be, that was a position that almost always couldn't get filled. I remember hearing in Magoffin County awhile back, that they let college educated people go to work as Special Ed teachers, while going to school to get their certificate. I think they are layed off now over there, but maybe other counties in KY might be in the same shape.
TheRealVille Wrote:Good luck. Isn't there any Special Ed positions here in EKY? Used to be, that was a position that almost always couldn't get filled. I remember hearing in Magoffin County awhile back, that they let college educated people go to work as Special Ed teachers, while going to school to get their certificate. I think they are layed off now over there, but maybe other counties in KY might be in the same shape.
I tried all over Kentucky, never had any luck. Several times in Jefferson, Shelby, Franklin Counties. I applied to several districts in EKY, in fact when I visited my parents in Oct. I picked up applications for Raceland, Russell, Greenup, and Ashland getting ready to mail them in when the ball started rolling with the job in NC.
At least you'll only be away from the family for 6 months, at the least, of course. Also, the ride back to Kentucky isn't nearly as long as it seems. You'll only be about 70 miles away from me, so it doesn't add that much time onto the ride.

While your down there, look into teaching for the Department of Defense/Army/Marine Corps. I'm pretty sure they hire their own teachers for the schools that they control, and if that's the case, you will probably never be out of a job, and have the best benefits in the country.
Jarons Wrote:I tried all over Kentucky, never had any luck. Several times in Jefferson, Shelby, Franklin Counties. I applied to several districts in EKY, in fact when I visited my parents in Oct. I picked up applications for Raceland, Russell, Greenup, and Ashland getting ready to mail them in when the ball started rolling with the job in NC.
If I could have my rathers, I would rather live in that area of NC, as anywhere in KY. It will be good when you get your family down there. I love NC, all of it.