Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Taylor Porter- Lawrence County junior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have watched Taylor play in several games in her career against really good competition, and yet this young lady wasn't even mentioned in the top 10 in the 15th region? That is absolutely crazy!!! This girl can flat out play, just ask anyone who has guarded her this year, or ask anyone in the Bere Classic... She was named to the All-Tournament team after only playing one game and 12 minutes total out of four games. She was averaging 21.0 points a game it may have went down a little as she sat out two games due to an injury, but came back in the last game and scored 16 points in the final 9 minutes to secure the win over Estill County. Like to hear thoughts on this young lady..
a super talented kid... great nose for the ball. Quick first move and can shoot the "J'. Her talents don't stop on the basketball floor either. Shes a solid softball player as well, and a great kid to boot. I see her going to the next level on scholarship in one of these sports.
Yea she is an awesome person, fun to be around and can play some ball. She is a good softball player but I do believe her calling is basketball. She is classy and very respectful and anyone who has seen her play can tell you the same thing. Keep playing hard T.P. and show them what you got, just believe in yourself and have fun..
This entire Lawrence County team is fun to watch, they get after it defensively and force a lot of turnovers but they are laughing and having fun which tells me this team is well coached by Coach Roger Harless and they respect him and love to play for him..
I for one, had no clue who she was. Then I saw her play this season and she has improved a hundred times fold! All I ask is just not start a thread once a week about her. Trust me...she is getting noticed and people know who she is now. And I agree...she is one of the Top players in the Region. Along with a bunch of others in our HEAVY District!
Lol.. No I won't put up one every week about her. Just felt like she needed to get some attention but that still doesn't answer my question is to why she wasn't considered top 10 in the 15th region.. Tell me your opinion of a better point guard in this region please??
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lol.. No I won't put up one every week about her. Just felt like she needed to get some attention but that still doesn't answer my question is to why she wasn't considered top 10 in the 15th region.. Tell me your opinion of a better point guard in this region please??

"Point Guards"??? I could name 3 to 4 better. Becauuuse,,,,PGs run the team and control the team. NOT....lead them in scoring and every other stat in the books. IMO...she is a BETTER 2 guard. Cause she scores at will. You put her on a team like JC, PHS, MC or SCHS and she gets 10 more pts a game and is even better. So there ya go. You asked my O. She only plays PG...because LC has no one else to handle the ball. She is a natural 2...not a 1.
OffTheHook Wrote:"Point Guards"??? I could name 3 to 4 better. Becauuuse,,,,PGs run the team and control the team. NOT....lead them in scoring and every other stat in the books. IMO...she is a BETTER 2 guard. Cause she scores at will. You put her on a team like JC, PHS, MC or SCHS and she gets 10 more pts a game and is even better. So there ya go. You asked my O. She only plays PG...because LC has no one else to handle the ball. She is a natural 2...not a 1.

I'd agree to this. She's the best PG and SG on the team. If she had a Jamie Castle to run the team with her as a 2...wow.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:I'd agree to this. She's the best PG and SG on the team. If she had a Jamie Castle to run the team with her as a 2...wow.

True story lol
Taylor isn't about just scoring, the entire team not just her is very unselfish. Not one girl on the team is about me, they are about the team. With that being said a point guards roll is to handle the ball, make good decisions, and run the offense correct?? Taylor does every bit of that and more and to correct you they do have ladies who can handle the ball as such in Sarah Hay, Lena Ison, and Shelby Hay. Ok so if there are 3 to 4 better point guards in the 15th region who are they???
^You just don't get it do ya. No one said anything like what you just said^^^^^. So if they do have other ladies that handle the ball. put them there and move her to the two and see how that goes. NOT ONE person has said anything other than how good she is.
haha ok man