Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #1 team in the 8th Region gets knocked off!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Owen County (#1 in the 8th region) lost by 5 to the Walton Verona Bearcats! Walton lead most of the game with Owen county have a couple leads of 1 or 2! As far as I know Walton wasn't even in the top 10 in the 8th region
Everybody has off games, but Owen did not impress me that much tonight. They have really good size but did not seem to utilize it tonight. Simon Kenton absolutly smoked WV last Friday without one of there better players and made it look easy. I'd say the 8th could be won by a half a dozen schools.
id have to agree with that, personally i would look for WV to beat Grant co but Grant co only lost by like 8 or 10 to SK when walton got blown out, and gallitan co has came outta no where and been strong! i cant wait to see how this shakes out
I fixed the misleading title.
Hate to be a homer but I really think the 3 Oldham schools will be right in the hunt come the end of the season. Would not surprise me to see one of them take the region
Honestly I don't think Owen County is the best team in the 8th. I would say they are 4th at best.
blue1424 Wrote:Honestly I don't think Owen County is the best team in the 8th. I would say they are 4th at best.

i just went off the rankings i saw
Owen Co is in the #4-7 range in the region, along with Collins, Gallatin, SK.

Last night was a slight upset, but I think Walton Verona has probably underacheived to this point in the season to what they should be. They probably should be in the neighborhood of those four I just mentioned above.
The_OC Wrote:Owen Co is in the #4-7 range in the region, along with Collins, Gallatin, SK.

Last night was a slight upset, but I think Walton Verona has probably underacheived to this point in the season to what they should be. They probably should be in the neighborhood of those four I just mentioned above.

I agree with you, Collins, Gallatin County, Simon Kenton, and Owen County are all in the 4-7 range.
Not just because I'm a rebel fan but I could see owen winning the 8th region or at least in the finals to much athleticism hard to beat
rebel24 Wrote:Not just because I'm a rebel fan but I could see owen winning the 8th region or at least in the finals to much athleticism hard to beat

Walton Verona was unaware of this I suppose...Confusednicker: