Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fern Creek 66 - Pikeville 33
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Lexington
:please:What happened here ? Fern Creek is 15th in their 6th region . 3 & 5 on the year . Boy I guess the 59th:zzz: dis. is weak as water:hilarious: or everybody in the 15 is pretty equal . Wait a minute , T he boys down the Lane r playing good and so is The Clark boys . Sheldon and Betsy that is :Thumbs:.
Panthers are going to need to find a way to battle this stretch without Rowe. Not only was he a high octane scorer, but by far the best ball handler on the squad.

Wasn't at the game, but you can see,

12/19/2011

Fern Creek 66
Pikeville 35

Fern Creek 19 18 22 7 66
Pikeville 16 3 4 12 35

iHigh Fayette Co. Invitational at Tates Creek

Fern Creek (4-5) -- Walker 4, Hobbs 17, Parrish 10, Carr 10, Newby 10, Lee 6, Avery 4, Brown 5.

Pikeville (5-2) -- Tackett 12, Hamilton 7, Branham 12, Anderson 2, McAnallen 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...osition=12

Not going to win a lot when you trail by 3 after 1 qtr and then manage to put up 7 points the next two qtrs. Not a good showing, but they know that. This can provide some valuable time for others to learn to play the 1 and for others to have to step up. When Rowe does return, it should only make everyone better.

Just survive this stretch. The good news is that it has been shown that anything can happen in the 15th and at this point, this team is a little ahead of my expectations. Just gotta keep improving. Go Panthers! Pick it up!
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote::please:What happened here ? Fern Creek is 15th in their 6th region . 3 & 5 on the year . Boy I guess the 59th:zzz: dis. is weak as water:hilarious: or everybody in the 15 is pretty equal . Wait a minute , T he boys down the Lane r playing good and so is The Clark boys . Sheldon and Betsy that is :Thumbs:.
Haha.
PT, who does the Panthers play tomorrow or today I should say?
Strikeout King Wrote:PT, who does the Panthers play tomorrow or today I should say?
Paris is what is listed on KHSAA.

IMO, a must win no matter who is on the court for PHS. Gotta salvage this trip.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Panthers are going to need to find a way to battle this stretch without Rowe. Not only was he a high octane scorer, but by far the best ball handler on the squad.

Wasn't at the game, but you can see,

12/19/2011

Fern Creek 66
Pikeville 35

Fern Creek 19 18 22 7 66
Pikeville 16 3 4 12 35

iHigh Fayette Co. Invitational at Tates Creek

Fern Creek (4-5) -- Walker 4, Hobbs 17, Parrish 10, Carr 10, Newby 10, Lee 6, Avery 4, Brown 5.

Pikeville (5-2) -- Tackett 12, Hamilton 7, Branham 12, Anderson 2, McAnallen 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...osition=12

Not going to win a lot when you trail by 3 after 1 qtr and then manage to put up 7 points the next two qtrs. Not a good showing, but they know that. This can provide some valuable time for others to learn to play the 1 and for others to have to step up. When Rowe does return, it should only make everyone better.

Just survive this stretch. The good news is that it has been shown that anything can happen in the 15th and at this point, this team is a little ahead of my expectations. Just gotta keep improving. Go Panthers! Pick it up!
Agreed, Rowe provides so much for them, not just his scoring, but his ball handling against pressure, etc. They will have to learn who can step up and when, and make the most of this trip.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote::please:What happened here ? Fern Creek is 15th in their 6th region . 3 & 5 on the year . Boy I guess the 59th:zzz: dis. is weak as water:hilarious: or everybody in the 15 is pretty equal . Wait a minute , T he boys down the Lane r playing good and so is The Clark boys . Sheldon and Betsy that is :Thumbs:.
Fern Creek's losses are to Louisville Moore, Fairdale, and Pleasure Ridge Park, all fairly strong traditionally (couple losses to out of state teams that I know nothing about). Who has Betsy Layne played?

Nov 29, 11 Phelps away 61 - 41 (W)
Dec 3, 11 Greenup County home 44 - 42 (W)
Dec 9, 11 Piarist School home 99 - 31 (W)
Dec 10, 11 Male at Expo Center 50 - 49 (W) Click Kentucky Farm Bureau Classic
Dec 13, 11 Pike County Central away 43 - 36 (W)
Dec 16, 11 Belfry away 64 - 52 (W)

Yep, a real Murderer's Row schedule there. And Fern Creek is 10th in their 18 (I think) team region, not 16th. Pikeville beat Magoffin County at Magoffin, and they are supposedly one of the tougher teams in the 15th this year. Fact is, the 15th is very even across the board for the most part. I mean, there are some teams that are just not very good this year, like Pike Central...Wait a minute...Oooh, they must be good, because BL struggled with them. :biggrin:
why is rowe not playing??
I caught the 2nd half of this game yesterday and Pikeville really struggled without Rowe. I saw a lot of teams yesterday and I must say this isnt a really strong tournament. I can see Knott Co winning this thing. Pikeville should get a win today.
E.ridge Wrote:why is rowe not playing??
Injured a shoulder in the game against Magoffin County Friday after a hard foul, as I heard it. I wasn't at the game, so I can't say 100% for certain what happened, but I do know it was a shoulder injury.