Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Margaritaville. . . . . . Jimmy Buffet . . . . .Do You Like Him?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the thought of "Margaritaville" but I can't say that I am a huge fan of his personally.

Do you like Jimmy Buffett?

If so--why?
I have always been a "Buffet" fan. I think the main reason why is, I was on a pier in Myrtle Beach and some guy was sitting there singing songs for tips. And one song he sang was Margaritaville, stupid me had never heard it before. An i remember thinking man with songs like that, hes goin somewhere someday. Then when I returned to Kentucky, i can't remember how it happened, but i found out about Jimmy Buffet, and ever since then, when I hear that song it takes me back to that same pier, and I love the beach.

I've always wanted to go to one of his resturants but i've never had the chance.
i only like to listen to him when i go to the beach
Blackcat75 Wrote:I have always been a "Buffet" fan. I think the main reason why is, I was on a pier in Myrtle Beach and some guy was sitting there singing songs for tips. And one song he sang was Margaritaville, stupid me had never heard it before. An i remember thinking man with songs like that, hes goin somewhere someday. Then when I returned to Kentucky, i can't remember how it happened, but i found out about Jimmy Buffet, and ever since then, when I hear that song it takes me back to that same pier, and I love the beach.

I've always wanted to go to one of his resturants but i've never had the chance.

I can relate to that thought process. That song, inparticular, is pretty solid. But I can't get into any of the other stuff. 5 o'clock somewhere basically does the samething for me--which isn't all that bad--but it is purely coincidence that Buffett is involved in that song as well.
The only song concerning Jimmy Buffet I've heard is "Jimmy Buffet doesn't live in Key West Anymore" by David Allen Cole. I like it. I've never heard any of Jimmy's songs though.
"son of a son of a sailor" is the bomb. "cheeseburger in paradise"
I was 25 miles form Cuba on the top deck of a cruise liner drinking rita's cranking up Buffet, it's the only think to do. And Cozemel his music was everywhere.
One of my faviort singers
KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:I can relate to that thought process. That song, inparticular, is pretty solid. But I can't get into any of the other stuff. 5 o'clock somewhere basically does the samething for me--which isn't all that bad--but it is purely coincidence that Buffett is involved in that song as well.

yea an that song about gettin lost in the rain is pretty cool
Doc Holliday Wrote:"son of a son of a sailor" is the bomb. "cheeseburger in paradise"
I was 25 miles form Cuba on the top deck of a cruise liner drinking rita's cranking up Buffet, it's the only think to do. And Cozemel his music was everywhere.

wow u have really lived it up
i hope i get to do as much as u have Doc!
I hate Jimmy Buffet, he's a bad beach rip off of the Grateful Dead.
I am a traveling man
buffett and the dead in the same breathe?
that is a first.
greatful dead is totally differ than jimmy buffet
I love Jimmy Buffet.. I like his music and I loved Margaritaville, it was a very fun place to eat.
Blackcat75 Wrote:I have always been a "Buffet" fan. I think the main reason why is, I was on a pier in Myrtle Beach and some guy was sitting there singing songs for tips. And one song he sang was Margaritaville, stupid me had never heard it before. An i remember thinking man with songs like that, hes goin somewhere someday. Then when I returned to Kentucky, i can't remember how it happened, but i found out about Jimmy Buffet, and ever since then, when I hear that song it takes me back to that same pier, and I love the beach.

I've also had a similar experience. Except for 'Margaritaville' reminds me of a restaurant I always eat at when I go to the beach called Bummz. Whenever I think of the beach, it always reminds me of the guy they hired to play for everyone eating. I can't wait to go back.....
I like it
i love Jimmy Buffett. I have 9 of his cds. He makes me feel like I'm at the beach every day. Margaritaville is a great place to eat. The food and the atmosphere are awesome. Cheeseburger in Paradise has pretty good food too.