Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley getting Field Turf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw it on the news. That makes 3 high schools in Pike Co. to get this wonderful surface on their fields. A lot of teams from around the state are doing it, so how long do you think it will take for surrounding counties to catch on and bring their program/stadium up to the next level in High School sports?
I think its great.
P-burg has often thought of this an IMO it will eventually happen.
But i'm glad they are waiting till i'm gone, that stuff burns you up!
This is great news! I'm happy to see the community helping out Valley with some big donations from various companies.
yeah it is great news for the team up there! I watched it on the news today! Will this mean valleys field be the best in pike co.?
Nope! best field has the best battles,crowds and such...... it will take sometime before valley gets up there with Pikeville and Belfry...
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:yeah it is great news for the team up there! I watched it on the news today! Will this mean valleys field be the best in pike co.?
Dont get ahead of yourself now !:confused:
You mean folks at the valley are actually spending money on football? WOW! thats a first!
this is great i think eventually in the next 8-10 years we will see the majority of the schools in this area with turf...I have a question though they mentioned that the soccer field would be fixed as well...But they do not have a soccer field you either play on a EXTREMLY SHORT field on the baseball field or on the rutted out football field...Does this mean that the football team will actaully be sharing the field now???
NO! IF you have looked up on the hill from the baseball field there is a flat piece of land. They are dozing as we speak and that will be the soccer/practice football field/ junior high football field. The soccer field will be long ways and the football practice field will go the other way.
I don't know about all surrounding counties, but by 2010 I think every school in Pike County will have turf
thanks for clearing that up hootie i know people normaly park up there...
hootie Wrote:I don't know about all surrounding counties, but by 2010 I think every school in Pike County will have turf

I can't WAIT to see that big HORNET on the middle of the nice, Sprint-Turf surface at big PHELPS high school!

...something tells me they might not be in line like the others???
lmao i was jus about 2 say that about phelps...but who knows...maybe it will happen some day, i dont think every mountain team should get turf... playin in the mud is great on occasions
why they are teams that have worst feilds than them and some teams had a lot better season sheldon clark should get they deserve it after this season
I think that the next Pike Co. school to get it would have to be PCC. Sheldon Clark should never get it IMO. I always had fun playing on "The Rock", and its been tradition there to have the hardest field in the state. You just don't cut Rick Vauhn's zig-zagged mullett in Major Leage all because he won a few ball games. It wouldn't be the same. But the boys and reputation that SC has, they should get it. Hard work pays off, but if they don't do it after this past season then they should definately do it from the teams of past.
Are they going to put a score board up there for the soccor and jr. high teams can keep score. I assume they will have to wouldn't they?
HeartOFaChampion Wrote:yeah it is great news for the team up there! I watched it on the news today! Will this mean valleys field be the best in pike co.?

I still think Belfry & Pikeville for now are a notch above the rest. Both are really nice places to watch a football game.
how much longer will it be till east ridge pike central and phelps get field turf
unnecessary post made by Austin Robinson, DONT DO THIS AGAIN!!
yeah valley really needs it anyone who has ever played on valleys old field last year knows what I'm talking about