Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collins 71 - Knott County Central 68 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Good win for the Lady Titans. Up next is the Lady Dragon Invitational at South Oldham.
Knott gave this one away, didn't play as well as I have them play as a TEAM and missed too many freethrows to win in regulation. The 3 point shot that Collins hit to tie it at the buzzer looked questionable. Collins is a solid team and should do well in their region.
The Courier-Journal has the score listed as 71-58. Collins was lead by Rebecca Mouser with 24, Aaliyah Wells with 20, and Leeara Cardwell with 16.
Nothing questionable about the game tying two, a 16 foot shot is not a three pointer. Everyone was in shock when the ref said it would count for three. The Collins team and fans were as surprised as the KCC players and fans. The KCC girls did miss some free throws at the end of the game, but the final score should have been 55-54 KCC.
I have seen KCC lose games in the last seconds before, they earned those losses. This game however was a OFFICIAL LARCENY.
This game was criminal toward KCC. KCC did not tape the game, but Collins did and they should admit they did not win the game. There should be more control over refs determining the outcome of a game. KCC played a good game, but did miss some important freethrows, but that is no reason to steal the game from them. It should be mentioned that Jacobs had 25 points and Slone had 20. Stop blaming the KCC players for the loss. Blame poor inapt officials.
I agree with you!! The refs need to be held more accountable. The coaches are!!!!!!!!!!
Game film would not change anything.
If the girl shoots a layup and the ref says its a three pointer, then its a three pointer.
A situation like this cannot be disputed with the KHSAA. The refs are always right even when they are wrong.
Did the refs give up a near 20 pt lead, or miss 10 free throws in the 4th? The girl jumped near the 3 pt line.(she did land several feet past) You can certainly debate if her foot was on the line, but ONE late game FT and you don't put yourself in a position to go to OT on a running 3pt bank.
I was at the game and no part of the shooters body was outside or on the three point line when she shot the ball. I refuse to DEBATE anything I know for fact.

Any missed shot at any time in a game can beat you.
Any made shot at any time can beat you even a 16ft 3 pointer.