Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ky cheerleading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i believe that the ky cheerleaders have the best cheerleaders! no other state compares! keep up the good work! :Cheerlead
I agree completely!
in UCA..UK..in NCA..U of L..
very true uk in uca
in nca u of l

kentucky just dominates those memphis squads try to get up there but we always come out on top
for UK..what are the requirements..tumbling and stunting..same for U of L..i am thinking about trying out..
Don't forget about Morehead.  They have several National Championships under their belts.
Morehead State University would have to be my choice.  They always do a GREAT job!!
It depends on which organization you are looking at.  UK and Morehead are both UCA and University of Louisville is NCA but as many of you know they have merged.  I am not sure however if the nationals will merge because the two styles are so distinctly different.  But here;s what you need.  If you are looking at UK and you are a female, you have to be small enough to fly.  They prefer you have cheered in a co-ed allstar. There are certain flying skills you must have like full up stretch and I am not sure what the criteria is for this year but you can call and have a packet sent to you and  I'm pretty sure all the girls on UK's blue squad have fulls and of course, standing backs.  Morehead has information online about their requirements. The consideration with Morehead is they have a new coach, Myron I guess retired and he coaches both co=ed and all- girl which I don't think is a good situation. the University of Louisville has a top notch co-ed, all-girl and small co-ed.  All are Nation Championship squads. For co-ed, you have to be a very accomplished flyer, very flexible.  The flyers only fly and then they have tumblers and they are the absolute best in the nation.  they throw full to double full, bounder doubles etc.  But of course the rules changed this yesr, no doubles, so bounder fulls are the deal. Louisvill all-girl-requirements- full up-double down, dirty bird, and an optional stunt and for tumbling- a triple toe sstanding back, full and a standing two to a full.