Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 54 Sheldon Clark 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sheldon Clark led the whole game until the last 3 an half minutes. JC did an excellent job of never letting them gain a lead of more than 5 or 6 and then scored late, when it mattered most. Sheldon Clark more than struggled from the line as they probably missed 16-18 free throws and this was the obvious reason they lost. Justin Johnson had a nightmare of a day from the stripe as he shot 2/15 but other than that he absolutely dominated this ball game and there wasn't nobody in that gym who could stop him. He finished with 16 points and 25 rebounds. Moore was the games leading scorer with 18 points but outside of those two the cards didn't get much production except for 7th grader Dylan James who's 8 points all came in the first half. I might be mistaken but I don't believe JC had anyone in double figures.
This Region is WIDE OPEN!!!!
Free Throws Free Throws Free Throws they will kill ya
D IT UP Wrote:Sheldon Clark led the whole game until the last 3 an half minutes. JC did an excellent job of never letting them gain a lead of more than 5 or 6 and then scored late, when it mattered most. Sheldon Clark more than struggled from the line as they probably missed 16-18 free throws and this was the obvious reason they lost. Justin Johnson had a nightmare of a day from the stripe as he shot 2/15 but other than that he absolutely dominated this ball game and there wasn't nobody in that gym who could stop him. He finished with 16 points and 25 rebounds. Moore was the games leading scorer with 18 points but outside of those two the cards didn't get much production except for 7th grader Dylan James who's 8 points all came in the first half. I might be mistaken but I don't believe JC had anyone in double figures.

Matt gallagher 19
kyle gullett 14
Great Game! But as stated above...Free Throws killed the Cards! NOT one home team has won at home this season...Girls or Boys!!! Makes for a VERY interesting 57th District!!!!
How did Shane Hall do? Must have had a big game!!
jceagle5 Wrote:Matt gallagher 19
kyle gullett 14

Radio listed Moore as the leading scorer for the game but ment for Sheldon Clark apparently. Did not realize Gallagher was that high; is Gullet # 22 who came off the bench and hit a huge 3 as soon as he entered?
Spud6 Wrote:How did Shane Hall do? Must have had a big game!!

He was houdini the first quarter and I'm not sure he even attempted a shot. He sat the bench for a little while the 2nd quarter. In the 2nd half Hall finally decided to join the party and corrupted all penetration and shot attempts by the Sheldon Clark guards. I believe he ended with 9 points and probably 9 rebounds.
Maybe this will get the couple of Sheldon Clark posters that said SC couldn't be handled by anybody in this district to calm down a little. Nothing is ever a sure thing to get out of this district to the regions. On any given night, it's a district that's teams, any of them, will fool you.
Still think S/C is best team in region. Can't miss that many free throws no matter who u play. Good win for JC and good to see the gullett kid play more.
^I think Sheldon Clark was something like 6/24 from the line on the night. Johnson Central really impressed me with a couple of things. Their backcourt defense kept Moore from getting any kind of flow in this game and at times they absolutely took SC out of their offense. They have about 5-6 guys who are similiar in ability and they all rose to the challenge. I hate to say it but unless someone else on the Sheldon clark roster is going to step up in big time games then they'll never seperate themselves from the rest of the region. Last night had the feel of a district championship and I don't care which school you were for, you witnessed an awesome basketball game; reminisce of the UK/IU game last week, for myself and with the same outcome. It could be very likely that these two hook up twice in March if you feel my drift.
Congrats on the eagles for a huge W! Tommy really had his boys focused and did a great job to come out with the big district road win!
imo i blieve that jc coach just flat out, out coached sc coach. johnson has gotta work on his shot i mean if he within 3 feet of the goal he got a good shot at making it but when he gets away from that he cant hit the broad side of a barn. he gotta work on his freethrows. he going to be a great ball player and mayb even go somewhere one day, but he gotta work on his shooting. as for the rest of the team jc just played better def. sc didnt rotate good. but i still think there the most talented team in the region and this mayb b the weakest jc team that i have seen in years.
Proud of the Eagles last night. Coach executed a great game plan and players played their hearts out.

SC is for real, and will be a very tough out come tourney time.
D IT UP Wrote:Radio listed Moore as the leading scorer for the game but ment for Sheldon Clark apparently. Did not realize Gallagher was that high; is Gullet # 22 who came off the bench and hit a huge 3 as soon as he entered?

Yes, #22 is Kyle Gullett. Nice contribution from a freshman off the bench.