Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone Planning on cheering in college?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any senior cheerleaders planning on cheering in college?

I know that Alyssa Cline from pikeville is trying out for U of L this spring.
"PvilleCheerAlum" Wrote:Any senior cheerleaders planning on cheering in college?

I know that Alyssa Cline from pikeville is trying out for U of L this spring.

What does U of L require during tryouts?
standing two handspring to full, round off hand full, and 3 toetouch back

that is all i know. Alyssa is trying out for the all girl squad
Tell her I wish her the best of luck! I know the tumbling won't be a problem for her.
I would be real interested to see what it takes to cheer on a college level. I would hope that it involves more than just skills in gymnastics . . . simply because it would be an insult to a lot of deserving young ladies/gentlemen.

Any inside would be appreciated.
A full is pretty much required if you want to cheer in Division 1. Thats what bummed me out. I couldnt cheer at a good school because i didnt have a full on the hard floor.

I know that Morehead doesnt require a full though.
i think that the freshman from hazard high school could cheer coed or all girls..she is pretty awesome..she could go anywhere she wanted.
I am pretty sure Lakan Looney from ER is going to try to cheer for EKU.
Well cheering college is alot different than most people think.  If you want to cheer Division I, you have to have cheered co-ed Allstar, you pretty much have to have the skills when you try out, they are not gonna to teach them to you at that level. Girls who want to be flyers have to be small, I mean real small <100lbs and <5 feet 3 inches.  They do take some bigger flyers and I mean maybe 105 lbs but only if they are really good. And as far as tumbling, it depends on what squad UCA or NCA.  UCA, you have to be able to do it all, UK requires their flyers to do fulls and thats hard to find small flyers that are good and can tumble but NCA compete bigger numbers so they have flyers and tumblers but their tumblers do standing fulls, doubles, full punch doubles and the guys can throw standing doubles and bounder doubles, so these people have amazing tumbling ability but thats why they are on the squad as tumblers. It's alot harder than most people think.