Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Update On Matches Planned For WrestleMania 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WrestleMania 28 is now just 3 1/2 months away – and the top matches for WWE’s biggest show of the year are starting to take shape.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know the main event of WrestleMania 28 be The Rock vs. John Cena.

We noted yesterday that WWE officials are currently planning a WWE Championship match between CM Punk and the returning Chris Jericho.

On Monday’s RAW, Triple H returned and cut a promo on The Undertaker, the man he’s already faced twice at WrestleMania. According to sources within WWE, the current plan is for Triple H to get yet another shot at ending the streak, as Triple H vs. Undertaker 3 is currently scheduled for WrestleMania.

http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/w...emania-28/
I hate that Triple H is likely facing The Undertaker again...

I think it pretty much means that he's ending the streak.
^I hope whether the streak ends or not, it is at least believable that it can end.

Why would Undertaker agree to come back and allow the streak to end?
J-Rod Wrote:I hate that Triple H is likely facing The Undertaker again...

I think it pretty much means that he's ending the streak.

wasn't there something going around that WWE wanted Taker to go 20-0 at Mania?
I dont really see Triple H fighting him again, it was a great match at WM27 but i think that HHH said that to try to lead everyone on in the WWE that he would fight Taker again, but i think that WWE has something up their sleeves for "the peoples WM"
Undertaker will NOT lose to HHH at WM. The only way I see UT not going 20-0 and retiring is if it is to put over a guy to give that guy instant credibility and fame. HHH does not need a win over UT for his legacy, thus, NO WAY HHH wins if this is the plan they go for.

Thus, who would make sense to give the mega push that gives that individual the fame they need to Main Event for the rest of their career?

Another option could be Stone Cold. We have not seen a Austin/UT WM. If Stone Cold were to wrestle UT, this gives LWC his legitimate and credible oppnonent that not only people expect could win, they would expect Austin TO WIN! Knowing Austins career, he has put over more people than any other superstar of his status than I know in the history of the business. Thus, Austin would lose to UT. The match IMO, would be even bigger than the Rock/Cena!
^ Stone Cold wants to wrestle, he says he has one more big match in him but he wants CM Punk and CM Punk wants to wrestle Stone Cold.

I would love, absolutely love to see Austin/Taker at Mania. But the way they use to be. Taker back when he was "crucifying People"
If it is indeed Austin, they should have promoted it much better.
^ Why? You could announce Taker/Austin one week before Wrestlemania and set a PPV buyrate record on it's own accord. Right now, we already have everyone who even considered buying the PPV planning to drop their $70 bucks just because of the Rock. If they announce a Stone Cold Match in February, you get a whole new group that had not made up their mind. I don't think you need to promote long term with a Stone Cold match. Agree???
Regardless of who Taker fights at WM, his streak won't end. I think every measure will be taken to make it look like the streak will end though.

I think this match will involve one aspect that was similar to Starrcade in December 1997 for WCW when "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan and Sting had their big battle. Hogan had won the match originally - only for Bret Hart to come by the ring, stop the celebration, and restart the match. Hogan and Sting then fought for a short period of time and Sting won by submission using the scorpion deathlock.

I think a similar thing will happen in Taker's match. Somebody, maybe Kane, will come in and screw him over in his match. When Taker's opponent is celebrating and about to leave the ring (not to mention how shocked the crowd will be), somebody shows the referee the film or something similar to show what happened, and the match restarts. Taker then comes up victorious.

Don't quote me on that, but I always had a gut feeling that his last WM match would go something like that. One thing I wonder though...is if this will be the final match of Taker's career.
^ Good Gawd, you surprise me every day!!!

Awesome post. Nice history and perspective. I love that swerve, but I'm going for the clean finish ending to make this historical
^ Really?

I guess I'm jes' full of surprises! Big Grin
And Dusty, I should add:

What are your thoughts on Taker? Think this will be the last we see of his character?
I would like a great match with an ending like WideRight05 mentioned.

With an ending like that it needs to be an up-and-comer or someone they are trying to really get over. Someone like HHH does not need it. Maybe a Sheamus. Taker can be worked easily as a heel or face and that would be the push to send Sheamus or Wade Barrett into the stratosphere. I don't know if they are credible enough yet.
Taker is at the end of his career. This match at Mania will probably be his last for a long long time
WideRight05 Wrote:And Dusty, I should add:

What are your thoughts on Taker? Think this will be the last we see of his character?

May be his last WM match, but not the end of his career. McMahon wants UT to end his WM career undefeated, but we will see the special appearances just like we do Stone Cold for many years to come.
If they want someone who can defeat Undertaker have him wrestle Mark Henry. Nobody in their right mind thinks Undertaker can defeat Mark Henry.
Westside Wrote:If they want someone who can defeat Undertaker have him wrestle Mark Henry. Nobody in their right mind thinks Undertaker can defeat Mark Henry.

Been there, done that.

Wrestlemania 22 -_-