Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Vs. Estill Co 12/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Powell. Pirates coming off a big win @ lee an the engineers seem to b struggling a bit but always seem to play good against Powell. Predictions? Who wins an why?
If Powell plays like they did against lee working inside out an playing team ball and not committing dumb to's I think they will win big. But estill always plays Powell tough so imma take Powell by ten 75-65
Powell Co. 68-59
Estill matches up better with Powell than Lee Does. Lee's tallest player is 6'3, Estill has several that's taller than that.

PPG:

Estill County: 50.6

Powell County: 71.6

Massey Prediction (S25):

Estill County 61-55

Estill County (2-7): East Jessamine 89-39 (L), Morgan County 55-34 (W), Boyle County 60-33 (L), Southwestern 71-38 (L), Madison Southern 100-78, Holmes 60-52 (L), Somerset 85-59 (L), Rockcastle County 63-54 (W), Hazard 58-41 (L)

Powell County (4-2): Jackson City 81-56 (W), Perry County Central 71-49 (L), Magoffin County 64-62 (L), Owsley County 82-77 (W), Bourbon County 84-54 (W), Lee County 73-52 (W)

If Estill comes to play like they did against Holmes, Morgan County and Rockcastle County then they can make a game out of this but if they don't and Powell comes out hot then they will run away with this. If Estill can cause powell to turn the ball over then they'll have a shot at winning it.

Estill has played a harder schedule then Powell has so that should help them get better

Hopefully it's an injury free game and may the best team win
those massey prediction (S25) that are in other threads that I've created come straight from highschoolsports.net
the schedule estill has played will make no difference when ur getting beat by 30-40 pts an play a jv team in the 2nd half. i dont think estill can match up with powell at any position on the floor
basketballfan10 Wrote:the schedule estill has played will make no difference when ur getting beat by 30-40 pts an play a jv team in the 2nd half. i dont think estill can match up with powell at any position on the floor

take Powell to East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Southwestern, Boyle County, Somerset and see what would happen they would get killed. Couple of those teams only won a few games last year but they return just about everyone. East Jessamine is a top 3 team in there Region. Southwestern, Boyle County will be in the mix for there region as well. Estill just about beat Covington Holmes and Holmes is suppose to be one of the states best teams. Did you just see what Holmes done to Newport? 101-53. Estill has the size that Lee don't to play with Conner, Estill also has some good guards that will play with Powell's guards.

No matter how you look at it, Estill has played a lot harder schedule than Estill has.
Strikeout King Wrote:take Powell to East Jessamine, Madison Southern, Southwestern, Boyle County, Somerset and see what would happen they would get killed. Couple of those teams only won a few games last year but they return just about everyone. East Jessamine is a top 3 team in there Region. Southwestern, Boyle County will be in the mix for there region as well. Estill just about beat Covington Holmes and Holmes is suppose to be one of the states best teams. Did you just see what Holmes done to Newport? 101-53. Estill has the size that Lee don't to play with Conner, Estill also has some good guards that will play with Powell's guards.

No matter how you look at it, Estill has played a lot harder schedule than Estill has.

estill does have the harder schedule so far than powell does but is doesnta make u any better by getting beat by 30 either. an estill has size to play with conner? conner is only 6'2" an isnt even the tallest starter. dennis is a lil over 6'6"
basketballfan10 Wrote:estill does have the harder schedule so far than powell does but is doesnta make u any better by getting beat by 30 either. an estill has size to play with conner? conner is only 6'2" an isnt even the tallest starter. dennis is a lil over 6'6"

Morris is about 6'3 but he's stout. A lot stouter than Doty was last year. We also have a sophomore that's 6'9 and a couple that's between 6'2/6'4
thats fine all im sayin is that conner isnt really much of a big man in the offense anymore. the post runs thru the dennis kid from what i have saw. an he is very good under the rim. i have seen estill play this yr when they played southern i was at the game. morris didnt look to do anything in the post hardly. an for the soph. alexander u speak of he is very weak an isnt rlly a factor even tho he is 6'9" way to small in stature. all of this said should be a very exciting game to watch as i dont see either team running away with this like powell did with lee
^ I do agree it should be a good game. Hopefully it's an injury free game.
yea hopefully injury free cuz powell/estill games usually get very physical
Going with Powell County...I would like to see Estill County pull off the victory.
for those who are interested it can be heard on

http://wskvfm.com/

just click the "click to listen" button on the left hand side of the screen
Powell by 5!
basketballfan10 Wrote:thats fine all im sayin is that conner isnt really much of a big man in the offense anymore. the post runs thru the dennis kid from what i have saw. an he is very good under the rim. i have seen estill play this yr when they played southern i was at the game. morris didnt look to do anything in the post hardly. an for the soph. alexander u speak of he is very weak an isnt rlly a factor even tho he is 6'9" way to small in stature. all of this said should be a very exciting game to watch as i dont see either team running away with this like powell did with lee

I am in agreement with you as far as Conner not being the big man in the offense but, he is probably the best passer on the team and feeds Dennis very well. not to mention that if u dont guard him he can and will step out and hit a three on you. Dennis is great under the rim. He has the height but he also has the strength to go with it, not too many people are goingto push him around.
pirate fanatic Wrote:I am in agreement with you as far as Conner not being the big man in the offense but, he is probably the best passer on the team and feeds Dennis very well. not to mention that if u dont guard him he can and will step out and hit a three on you. Dennis is great under the rim. He has the height but he also has the strength to go with it, not too many people are goingto push him around.

People don't get on forum boards to read you be bias towards your son (pirate fanatic) or your brother (basketballfan10), people get on here to discuss the game and talk about how it will go. Stop bashing everyone. They are just kids trying to do their best. Nobody is perfect. Marcum is the best shooter in region & from what I hear, his game against Bourbon was outstanding.
Talk about the TEAM and the GAME. stop bashing a 16 year old kid who doesn't pass to your kid as much as you would like.
BigRed34 Wrote:People don't get on forum boards to read you be bias towards your son (pirate fanatic) or your brother (basketballfan10), people get on here to discuss the game and talk about how it will go. Stop bashing everyone. They are just kids trying to do their best. Nobody is perfect. Marcum is the best shooter in region & from what I hear, his game against Bourbon was outstanding.
Talk about the TEAM and the GAME. stop bashing a 16 year old kid who doesn't pass to your kid as much as you would like.

From what i can see in this thread nobody has even dogged the 16 year old kid from Powell. This forum is made for opinions and such and if you dont like what they post dont read the threads. All these users are abiding by the BGR rules.
Oh yeah btw, I personally know basketballfan10 from college and it is definitely not who you think it is.Confusederiously:
BigRed34 Wrote:People don't get on forum boards to read you be bias towards your son (pirate fanatic) or your brother (basketballfan10), people get on here to discuss the game and talk about how it will go. Stop bashing everyone. They are just kids trying to do their best. Nobody is perfect. Marcum is the best shooter in region & from what I hear, his game against Bourbon was outstanding.

Haha this is so funny! First of all I'm zachs brother Danny not basketballfan10 an if u look at my name u can realize I haven't posted since like 2007 when I was a sr at Powell. I'm not gonna get on a free website an bash nobody or try an post good stuff about my brother because in reality this I just a site for opinions an nobody's opinions rlly matter when it comes to the games but the players themselves! I'm sure the op is related to Trey or even Trey himself an I just want u to kno I'm sorry u thought it was me but ur very wrong. Te kid does shoot alot don't get me wrong but I ain't gonna get on here an bash him for it that's just not right. An btw he is not the beat shooter in the region. That being said pls leave my brother alone at school an stuff he has done nothing wrong on this site an neither have I an just let him get back to doing what he loves best playing basketball for the Powell county pirates!
I'm going with Powell, 68-54.

Haha wow someones butt is hurt. Maybe u should tell ur kid or yourself maybe to pass a little more an not every person in the bleachers an the locker room will think ur a bollhog who needs to play team ball so the team can b successful. Trey is a good kid not bashing him just stating what everyone else thinks. I want Powell to win an that's all. Goodluck tonight boys wish I could b there!

I didnt think i bashed anyone! But i have an opinion like anyone else. I will voice it. If you dont like it dont read it. I like all of the kids on the team and have watched them for years. They are kids and they will mess up. especially mine. So if mine misses a shot or turns it over im not blaming anyone else. My only complaints have been turnovers and them not playing TEAM BALL!