Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Malzahn New Head Coach At Arkansas State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Malzahn the new head Red Wolf

By James Bryant
Publisher AStateNation.com
Posted Dec 13, 2011

| More

Just when you thought things couldn’t get better for the Arkansas State University Football team, they did late Tuesday evening. AStateNation.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Auburn Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn has been named the Head Coach at Arkansas State.

Just when you thought things couldn’t get better for the Arkansas State University Football team, they did late Tuesday evening.

AStateNation.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Auburn Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn has been named the Head Coach at Arkansas State.

The opportunity for Malzahn to return home to the state of Arkansas apparently was too much for the talented coach to pass up.

Malzahn has coached 14 years at the high school level in Arkansas before becoming an offensive coordinator five years ago.

Malzahn is known as an offensive genius and runs a similar offense that Arkansas State has been running the last two seasons that helped make Ryan Aplin be named the Player of the Year in the Sun Belt Conference.

According to sources Malzahn is expected to be announced as the new head coach of the Red Wolves on Wednesday in a press conference.

Malzahn led Auburn to a National Championship and had done a great job at Auburn. The urge and dream to be a head coach at the D1 level will be accomplished back in his home state.

We will give more details of the complete contract as soon as we get the official release from the Arkansas State Athletic

yeppppppppppppppppppppppppieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
he had a chance to go home and become a head coach. great for arkansas state and SEC defenses outside of Auburn. congrats Gus!!!
Wow. I'm shocked on this to be honest. This is an A+ hire for Arkansas State. Malzahn got ton of offers from big schools and has turn them down. I understand coaching at D1 program in your home state but I think it would be a better accomplishment to coach in the SEC or Pac 12 than the Sun-Belt. I know Vandy tried hard to get him last season before hiring James Franklin and Gus turned it down. Ark State will be turn to handle in the Sun-Belt next couple of years.
he come for alot less than all the other schools was offering...everyone here in Jonesboro is shocked to say the least..
MVP2 Wrote:Wow. I'm shocked on this to be honest. This is an A+ hire for Arkansas State. Malzahn got ton of offers from big schools and has turn them down. I understand coaching at D1 program in your home state but I think it would be a better accomplishment to coach in the SEC or Pac 12 than the Sun-Belt. I know Vandy tried hard to get him last season before hiring James Franklin and Gus turned it down. Ark State will be turn to handle in the Sun-Belt next couple of years.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Great hire for the Red Wolves.