Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Source: Men to sue Syracuse, Boeheim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two men who say they were sexually abused by a former assistant basketball coach at Syracuse University plan to sue the school and head basketball coach Jim Boeheim, a source told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Tuesday.

The source told OTL that a defamation suit is scheduled to be filed by Bobby Davis and Mike Lang naming Syracuse and Boeheim among the defendants. Davis and Lang accused Syracuse associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine of molesting them during the 1980s and '90s. They made the accusations in interviews with OTL in November.

When OTL's first story was broadcast and published, Boeheim called the accusers "liars" who were looking for money.

"You know how much money is going to be involved in civil suits?" Boeheim said. "I'd say about $50 million. That's what this is about. Money."

Attorney Gloria Allred has called a press conference for 2 p.m. in New York City. Davis previously maintained that he is not looking to sue Fine.

The two men plan to appear with Allred at the news conference.

A third man also has accused Fine. The U.S. attorney's office is investigating.

Among Allred's recent clients is a woman who accused presidential candidate Herman Cain of making unwelcome sexual advances.

Davis was a ball boy for the team in the 1980s. Lang is his stepbrother. Fine has since been fired.

Also Tuesday, the third man who accused Fine of molestation said he fully expects to go to prison for sexually abusing a boy in Maine.

Zachary Tomasell, of Lewiston, Maine, wrote on Facebook that he's looking to "find strength to get through this" as plea negotiations continue. He's already admitted that most of the accusations are true and says he takes responsibility for "the hell I put this teen through."

Syracuse's school newspaper, The Daily Orange, quoteed Tomaselli as saying he expects to spend two years behind bars.

Tomaselli is now under a gag order. His remarks to the newspaper and on Facebook were made before it went into effect.

A message was left Tuesday for Tomaselli's lawyer.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ernie-fine
Overrated?
Good. It's about time.

I always knew Jim Boehiem was a dumbass, but he when I heard what he said that day, he went way past my expectations. He's not sorry, he's being politically correct. I wouldn't mind seeing him out of college basketball.
In other words they were after the money the whole time.
Whos number 1, someone remind me???

Two guys who obviously played pocket penis with Bernie Fine[in there 20's lol] seen Penis state get sandusky and decided they'd go for this now, I support Jim B, Keep on dropping them pipe bombs Boeheim.
Getting sue'd for saying he was gonna get it. lolololol :igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
They're not going after just money. I swear, you all just keep proving how retarded you are over and over to me. Any dumb opinion you hear you just jump on it. Also, it started when they were kids, and it's the reason they're gay.

Overrated, look at your own damn name. I can't believe you would even pull that "who's number 1" shit. You'rethe first #1 of the season that doesn't belong there, and when you actually play someone, we will see you fall. And hopefully, Boehiem falls too, and hard.
Actually the second a accusers starts doing interviews with the media you know all they are going after is money. have any of Jerry Sandusky's accusers done interviews? The answer is no because they are not in it for the money but these guys clearly are. It is pretty obvious that is all they are after, Not everybody that is accused of a crime is guilty. That is one of our societys biggest problem to most people the police-accusers are always right, and we as a group presume guilt instead of innocence.
vundy33 Wrote:Overrated, look at your own damn name. I can't believe you would even pull that "who's number 1" shit. You'rethe first #1 of the season that doesn't belong there, and when you actually play someone, we will see you fall. And hopefully, Boehiem falls too, and hard.

just for the Bernie Fine scandal right? nothing to do with basketball
Except for the fact that Boeheim had no clue what was going on, he took up for a friend.
Vundy, Since you work at ESPN, Tell me how Cuse is Overrated? They have a few negatives but, What team doesn't?? You are a jackass..I don't even respond to your garbage when I see it, But I will this time....It was Boeheims best friend of 50 years getting accused, Of course he would fly off, If not you'd be a piss poor friend, From what I've seen and heard and how it's all playing out, Its over money...If he's as guilty as said, Why can't ANY of this be proved? BTW look what all the team is putting up with and still winning, Almost any school would fumble a lose to all this trash, So I just wanna know how Cuse is overrated mainly...:blabbermo:blabbermo
Overrated Wrote:Vundy, Since you work at ESPN, Tell me how Cuse is Overrated? They have a few negatives but, What team doesn't?? You are a jackass..I don't even respond to your garbage when I see it, But I will this time....It was Boeheims best friend of 50 years getting accused, Of course he would fly off, If not you'd be a piss poor friend, From what I've seen and heard and how it's all playing out, Its over money...If he's as guilty as said, Why can't ANY of this be proved? BTW look what all the team is putting up with and still winning, Almost any school would fumble a lose to all this trash, So I just wanna know how Cuse is overrated mainly...:blabbermo:blabbermo

Now now, thats name calling.
How about a ban.
We will see civil cases against every feasible person in these incidents.
it's all about that money, money, money.
^ well, it might be more about men raping little boys, but I could be wrong....
You sick freaks rly wanna believe that, damn.
there's been a 4th man accusing Bernie Fine of molestation

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...er-reports
This one just seems strange. IMO what happened was that he diddled the boys, they dealt with it though life not saying anything and when the Sandusky bomb was dropped they figured it was time to open up about what happened and maybe get a pay day out of it which is the reason why Gloria Alfred is the attorney (can't stand that lady). Either way, he needs to be held responsible for what he did if found guilty.
A civil trial is very easy to win.
Its pretty much been proved this has happened.
His wife, who would know, has been clearly caught on tape saying he did.
I dont understnad how people like overrated could say anything positive about that program right now.