Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Robert Griffin visits Ground Zero after winning Heisman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been there twice. The last time I went it was a mess, but it's all cleaned up now.
Why? He just want to go?

Oh yeah, he was already in New York. Yeah, good idea, it's good he thought of it. Was able to go the first time I was in NYC after 9/11, but this last time after it's been finished I didn't have enough time. :/
He comes from a military family, so that was the first place he wanted to go and pay respect after he won.
It is a sobering experiance. That and Arlington national cemetary are two places every american needs to see.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:It is a sobering experiance. That and Arlington national cemetary are two places every american needs to see.

I would probably throw the Pearl Harbor memorial in there as well. RG3 is a classy young man.
I hate a chance to visit the finished memorial a few months ago on a trip to maryland, made the trip up to visit it. Its a very very humbling experience to be there, gave my chills.
Makes me respect the kid a lot more! Down to earth, knows where he comes from guy. A good guy in my book!