Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wheelwright High School Football ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody have any good moments at the old wheelwright high school.What year do you think was the best football team.Im not sure of the year but Gerald Osborne,Keith Smallwood,Tim Cole, David Tackett that was a big football team and pretty darn good. You dont see that big of guys anymore at a high school level.
I'm probably too young to remember anything about Wheelwright High School
Was there any good moments at Wheelwright High School? That is the question!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Was there any good moments at Wheelwright High School? That is the question!
Yea, there were plenty smartass.....:lame:
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Yea, there were plenty smartass.....:lame:
I didnt ask for that so lets keep the comments like that to your self.Was just posting a friendly topic not to start crap. I went there and your so wrong with that comment.
I have heard a bunch a good stories.

Dave Hall was one heck of a RB.......
Yea me to tate.....
i heard they were ranked like 2nd or third in the state at one time
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:Yea, there were plenty smartass.....:lame:
sorry about that BB was meant fo playboy5.
Dave Hall was the top recruited RB in the state his senior yr.
i played the trojans twice and we won by a lot but they never stoped, the game was never over.
tehy won a state championship in jv and finished 2nd a bunch of times
how did they win a state championship in JV?
he dont kno what hes talken about
OJ Simpson Wrote:tehy won a state championship in jv and finished 2nd a bunch of times
Oj keep it up and i will see to it that the glove fits!!
Any of you guys remember Monroe Jones from Wheelwright?
I coached at Powell a while back, he's the ad over there.
He played football at Wheelwright and also played guard on a final-4 Georgia team with Dominique Wilkins. He's a class act.
I don't think he ever played football but he was one of the best point guards to ever play in the mountains.
Actually he played in the final four the year after DW left.
Gerald Osborne,Keith Smallwood,Tim Cole, David Tackett

Wouldn't they the best ones ever that played there since that school was made?
Ricky Thornsbury,dewey jamerson,Wilbur "shorty" Jamerson,and i think glenn thornsbury played and also rodney thornsbury....
former_raider80 Wrote:Ricky Thornsbury,dewey jamerson,Wilbur "shorty" Jamerson,and i think glenn thornsbury played and also rodney thornsbury....

Shorty Jamerson didn't play at Wheelwright, he did coach there with Don Daniels.
Coach Jamerson and Don Daniels made wheelwright football, Two outstanding men who were known for their character as being class coachs.
I would have to say Bobby Issac, Darrin little, Dewey Jamerson, Ricky Thornsbury, and Robbie Harris and the Rhea's were some of the best I saw play from WHS.
they had some really good RB come out of the school.
I forgot about robbie harris...
Does anyone remember any Stephens boy from that school that played fball
what era or position
[quote author=Doc Holliday link=topic=20036.msg200564#msg200564 date=1141197241]
OJ Simpson Wrote:tehy won a state championship in jv and finished 2nd a bunch of times
Oj keep it up and i will see to it that the glove fits!!
[/quote]Not to step on any toes but what do you mean by that.......he did't say any thing bad.........
well considering that there is no such thing as a jv state championship it was an idiotic post.

are you his public defender?

If you take the time to read the post that torqque has made concerning BGR then i would hope that many of you realize that post of that type will not be permitted, and can result in warnings or possible suspension.
Coach Danials is a class act and gets the most from a small number of players and their talents.  High school coaches that win are those that recongize talents and strenghts of players and molds the team around those qualities. Coach Danials is one of THOSE coaches. Monroe is a class act.  He is prime example of coaching talent lost from this region for various reasons. 
[quote author=Doc Holliday link=topic=20036.msg208283#msg208283 date=1142041623]
well considering that there is no such thing as a jv state championship it was an idiotic post.

are you his public defender?

If you take the time to read the post that torqque has made concerning BGR then i would hope that many of you realize that post of that type will not be permitted, and can result in warnings or possible suspension.
[/quote]But in my post did i say that it was not a stupid post i just said it was't any thing bad...........sorry for the misunderstanding...
No problem

But I didn't say he said anything Bad

Just stupid and asinine

and we are trying to get away from idiotic post
Back In The 70's There Was One Player Who Ended Up With An Unusual Nickname.  The Player Shall Remain  Nameless.   The Players Were At Practice And For Some Reason A Bird "Dive Bombed" This Particular Player Leaving His Calling Card All Over The Players Helmet. From That Moment On The PLayer Went By The Name Of---You Guessed It----" BIRDMAN "   :lol:
Pages: 1 2