Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes 71 - Somerset 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Berea
Any stats? How did Dontel Rice do?

If Holmes misses a free throw, I'm spot on my prediction.
toussaints Wrote:Any stats? How did Dontel Rice do?

The PA system wasn't too good so I'm not sure of the players names. But #21 and #5 did most of the damage for Holmes. A 7-0 spurt in the last minute of the 3rd quarter broke open a close game in this one.
Norm, what all teams played in this tonight besides Holmes/Somerset and Estill/Madison Southern or was those the only ones?
Strikeout King Wrote:Norm, what all teams played in this tonight besides Holmes/Somerset and Estill/Madison Southern or was those the only ones?

There are only 4 teams in the tourney. My son talked to one of the Berea players that he went to Governor's Scholars with after the game. He said that there were supposed to be 6 teams in it and it was going to be an actual tournament but a team dropped out this summer so Berea isn't playing in their own tourney. Instead the other 4 teams play each other once each and the winner is determined by overall record, head to head results then a point system.
Norm Peterson Wrote:There are only 4 teams in the tourney. My son talked to one of the Berea players that he went to Governor's Scholars with after the game. He said that there were supposed to be 6 teams in it and it was going to be an actual tournament but a team dropped out this summer so Berea isn't playing in their own tourney. Instead the other 4 teams play each other once each and the winner is determined by overall record, head to head results then a point system.

It's usually a big tournament. It was a 16 team tournament and it dropped down to 8 and now 4
Congrats Bulldogs
Senior forward Dontel Rice led all scorers with 29 points.
toussaints Wrote:Any stats? How did Dontel Rice do?

Holmes 71, Somerset 60

Somerset (0-2) - Gordon 7 3 18, Weddle 4 2 10, Cheuvrant 4 2 10, Lange 3 0 7, R. Dishman 2 2 6, McWilliams 2 0 5, T. Dishman 1 0 2, Spears 1 0 2. Totals: 24 9 60.

Holmes (3-1) - Rice 11 6 29, Coston 5 0 14, Palmer 3 0 7, Bolden 3 0 6, Lewis 3 0 6, Martin 1 2 4, Englemon 1 0 2, Waller 0 1 1. Totals: 27 11 71.

Halftime: Holmes 38-26. 3-Pointers: H 6 (Coston 4, Palmer 1, Rice 1); S (Gordon 1, Lange 1, McWilliams 1).