Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Brandon Roy to retire due to knees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy is planning to announce his retirement due to degenerative knees, perhaps as soon as Friday, sources with knowledge of Roy's decision have told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard and ESPN.com's Chad Ford.

The Blazers had said earlier in the week they were expecting Roy to be ready for training camp as NBA teams hold their first official practices Friday after the five-month lockout.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/733509...ources-say
The guy was a really really good player when healthy. His first few years, I thought he would turn into a perennial All-NBA player. Something is in the water in Portland!
This is sad...
It sucks. Roy was one of my favorite players even tho I didn't like the Blazers.

If anyone needs to retire it's Greg Oden, he stays injured more than he practices. Has he even played 82 Games since he's been in the NBA?
I hate this.. I've always been a Brandon Roy fan.. He has always been very underrated..
This is a shocker. Only 27 years old...hopefully he reconsiders. He was always underrated.
One of the most skilled guards in the league. Very underrated and clutch.
Sucks for Portland..
Hate to see him go. Nice guy and great player to watch.