Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best of Bluegrass: Rosters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
State team: Kyle Fuller (Covington Holy Cross), Scooter Hollis (Bowling Green), Eric Walker (Covington Holy Cross), Jalen Sublett (Glasgow), Justin Harris (Clark County), Marcus Tucker (Fort Campbell), Adam Bush (Lexington Catholic), De’Vann Green (Warren Central), Aaron Hill (Fort Campbell), Cody Withrow (Ashland Blazer), William Higgingson (Mayfield), Jeremy Clark (Madisonville-North Hopkins), Eric Brown (Warren Central), J.D. Harmon (Paducah Tilghman), Tray Carr (Madisonville-North Hopkins), Avery Ford (Scott County), Vinny Morris (Lincoln County), DeShawn Matlock (Christian County), Matt Robinson (Perry County Central), Chase Proctor (Bowling Green), Everett Talbert (Bryan Station), Austin Roution (Warren Central), Max Haplin (Covington Catholic), Jerrett Ingram (Bowling Green), Martenez Smith (Fort Campbell), Seth Hunt (East Jessamine), Brady Jorstand (Fort Campbell), Bradley Way (Covington Catholic), Joe Manley (Bowling Green), Brett Eychmanns (Beechwood), Tyler Combs (Lawrence County), Clayton Cain (Lone Oak), Caleb Carter (Bell County), Avery Pitt (Henderson County), T.D. Jemison (Tates Creek), Keith Thieleman (Boyle County), Chris Fitzgerald (Anderson County), Hunter Bowles (Glasgow), Joey Nussbaun (Beechwood), Carson Greifenkamp (Murray). Head coach: Shawn Berner (Fort Campbell).

Louisville-area team: DeMichael Jackson (Jeffersontown), Lee Lee Hayden (Valley), Alex Mattingly (St. Xavier), Tanner Evans (Eastern), Kiante Northington (Butler), Richard Rudolph (Fairdale), Quintez Sutton (Manual), Matt Davis (Eastern), Jeremy Harness (John Hardin), Devonte Williams (Pleasure Ridge Park), Rex White (Doss), Cornelius Bolden (Central), Percy Minor (Manual), Ryan Oliver (St. Xavier), Travon Spencer (Fern Creek), Jalen McNeal (Fern Creek), George Stone (St. Xavier), Michael Brooks (Collins), Treyvon Neely (Doss), Jalen Spalding (Collins), Daniel Ross (Jeffersontown), Patrick Graffree (Central Hardin), Desmond Maxwell (Pleasure Ridge Park), Beau Biller (Eastern), Patrick Crowe (John Hardin), Matt Nord (DeSales), Hunter Holloway (John Hardin), Tyrone Pearson (Seneca), Aaron House (North Hardin), Michael Stewart (Seneca), Sam Deel (North Bullitt), C.J. Phillips (St. Xavier), Henry Vincent (Holy Cross), Jeremy Glass (Holy Cross), Lorentez Barbour (Male), Grayson Zuberer (Manual), Jacob Lamb (South Oldham), Wade Curtsinger (Bullitt Central). Head coach: LaKunta Farmer (Doss).
Three mountain players on the team. Nobody from Harlan County, Breathitt County, Johnson Central, Belfry, Hazard, Pikeville. That's why I enjoy the National Guard Border Bowl, enables mountain kids to get some attention, too.
Who does this list? I've never heard of it before. Regardless, congrats to Matt Robinson on making it. Also congrats to the other 2 mountain kids that made it.
congrats to EVERYONE that made it !
Coachdad Wrote:congrats to EVERYONE that made it !

:Thumbs:
A couple of things that just doesn't sit well with me about this list..

1- There are no Trinity players on the Louisville area roster... Is that just a typo or something?? 1 team in the nation and doesn't have a Senior who could make this team??
2- Why is JJ Jude not on this team... Honestly?? States All-Time leading rusher.. What else does a guy have to do??
I have heard the Ky at large team, coached by guys from the western part of the state, are snubbing guys not from that area. If this is true, they need to do away with this game because its a joke
I Rule The World Wrote:A couple of things that just doesn't sit well with me about this list..

1- There are no Trinity players on the Louisville area roster... Is that just a typo or something?? 1 team in the nation and doesn't have a Senior who could make this team??
2- Why is JJ Jude not on this team... Honestly?? States All-Time leading rusher.. What else does a guy have to do??

I think it is based on those who want to play in the game.

Maybe Jude didn't want to. Don't see any Ft Thomas players either.

So I wouldn't take it as a diss.
tooth doc Wrote:I have heard the Ky at large team, coached by guys from the western part of the state, are snubbing guys not from that area. If this is true, they need to do away with this game because its a joke

Then how do you explain Cov Cath, Boyle, Lexington, Jessamine, Beechwood, et al???

I think you heard wrong because the roster doesn't back up your allegations.
^ I think that the people who decide the rosters got on BGR and saw all the BS between HHS/JCHS teams and felt they could not put their players on the roster....Smile

In all seriousness, I don't know how the rosters are made up, but it sure is odd that the best players are not on this. That tells me the criteria must be based on something other than just the "best" football players.
Getting selected is one thing. Getting a chance to be coached and to play is another. That is what Im referring to. I was told by one of the players on that list that the coaches from the western part of the state are not giving kids not from that part of the state a chance to play. I dont know if it is true, but if it is, this game is a joke......along with so many great high school football players being left off of the invite list
Hatz Wrote:Then how do you explain Cov Cath, Boyle, Lexington, Jessamine, Beechwood, et al???

I think you heard wrong because the roster doesn't back up your allegations.
I Rule The World Wrote:A couple of things that just doesn't sit well with me about this list..

I wondered about Jude, too, but have been told that he is on wrestling team and decided not to participate in the game.
Aha, No conspiracy at all. For everyone on here complaining about someone not getting on the roster, it was YOUR schools fault.

http://www.kyeastwest.com/nominate.html
I figured Jude, Wales and Davenport would be on this. Could you imagine?
I would be curious to know what guidelines were used in the selection process. Does anyone know?
Stardust Wrote:Aha, No conspiracy at all. For everyone on here complaining about someone not getting on the roster, it was YOUR schools fault.

http://www.kyeastwest.com/nominate.html

tooth doc Wrote:I would be curious to know what guidelines were used in the selection process. Does anyone know?

Please read the above post and go to the link. This is all based on the schools nomination, which I would say only a handful even made nominations.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:I figured Jude, Wales and Davenport would be on this. Could you imagine?

Yes, I imagine, that their schools never nominated them. This is ALL based on the school nominating their own players.
Since there are Beechwood players on here, did they not nominate Vocke? He surely wouldve gotten the nomination.
Jude is a defending state champ in wrestling...why would he stop practicing wrestling to play in this game?
tooth doc Wrote:Getting selected is one thing. Getting a chance to be coached and to play is another. That is what Im referring to. I was told by one of the players on that list that the coaches from the western part of the state are not giving kids not from that part of the state a chance to play. I dont know if it is true, but if it is, this game is a joke......along with so many great high school football players being left off of the invite list

Again, my original point is that it seems the majority of players are not from WKY. So what is the point you are trying to make?

Also, read the links provided below and you will see that maybe these schools and their coaches are more at fault than the coaches of the event. :eyeroll:
^^Player's of their magnitude may not want to take a chance on an injury this close to signing with a school. Their season accomplishment's,I would think,are enough to get them the needed attention. How terrible would it be to blow out a knee before you even participate in one spring drill beginning your college career?
Basketball players will not be playing either.
I know from conversations with Trinity's Coach Beatty, he is not a fan of all-star games. The fact he is nearing the end of his career is the main reason he accepted the chance to coach in the All-American game in Texas. Hopefully all of the participants have a great time and return home healthy.
^ And I am assuming that he, like many other schools, did not even submit players names
I was told that QB Scooter Hollis of Bowling Green was a replacement for Zeke Pike. He starts on the Purples basketball team but the BB coach let him have a few extra days off to play in the game.
^ I wonder why Dixie even nominated Pike with what he did to their school