Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Which Calapari team would you rather have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which team that he has had here at uk would you prefer, which is more talented. Also name an all cal team. Me and a guy at work has argued abou this today.
Personally I think his first season had more talent. This year team lacks that John wall player that can get his own points at will. This years team Can't play like that though, they have to play as a team. They don't have that go to player yet that can create a shot and win close games in the end like wall an knight could do.

My all cal team
Wall
Knight
Miller
Patterson
Cousins
6th man davis
Last year's team was my all-time favorite UK team next to the 98 team. That group was special. From the year before we lost:

John Wall
Patrick Patterson
DeMarcus Cousins
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton

Solid role players in:

Ramon Harris
Perry Stevenson
Darnell Dodson

Then you throw in that the team loses Kanter due to ineligibility, and then Poole and Vargas do not turn out to be the contributors everybody expected them to be. No way on earth would you expect that team to do well, but they did.

I definitely think the 09 - 10 team was more talented and deeper, that team and last years teams had a lot of close games, the 2010 team with Wall and Cousins pulling out a lot more of those games (Mississippi State twice, Vanderbilt) than last years team did. But, I just like last years group so much that I have to take them. I'm biased toward them, but the way they played toward the end of the year with everything going on was amazing.

My "All-Calipari" Team:

PG - John Wall
SG - Brandon Knight
SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Patrick Patterson/Jones...I cannot decide who I want to start.
C - DeMarcus Cousins (But Davis was definitely in consideration!)

Off the Bench:

Darius Miller
DeAndre Liggins
Josh Harrelson
Doron Lamb
Marquis Teague
Anthony Davis
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Kyle Wiltjer

AKA, pretty much everybody Calipari has recruited at UK. Big Grin
WideRight05 Wrote:Last year's team was my all-time favorite UK team next to the 98 team. That group was special. From the year before we lost:

John Wall
Patrick Patterson
DeMarcus Cousins
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton

Solid role players in:

Ramon Harris
Perry Stevenson
Darnell Dodson

Then you throw in that the team loses Kanter due to ineligibility, and then Poole and Vargas do not turn out to be the contributors everybody expected them to be. No way on earth would you expect that team to do well, but they did.

I definitely think the 09 - 10 team was more talented and deeper, that team and last years teams had a lot of close games, the 2010 team with Wall and Cousins pulling out a lot more of those games (Mississippi State twice, Vanderbilt) than last years team did. But, I just like last years group so much that I have to take them. I'm biased toward them, but the way they played toward the end of the year with everything going on was amazing.

My "All-Calipari" Team:
U
PG - John Wall
SG - Brandon Knight
SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF - Patrick Patterson/Jones...I cannot decide who I want to start.
C - DeMarcus Cousins (But Davis was definitely in consideration!)

Off the Bench:

Darius Miller
DeAndre Liggins
Josh Harrelson
Doron Lamb
Marquis Teague
Anthony Davis
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Kyle Wiltjer

AKA, pretty much everybody Calipari has recruited at UK. Big Grin

I can understand that. I'm the same way with last years Louisville team. All those Injuries but yet they found ways to win big games. I loved watching them. I think you mean last years team was more worried about winning than show boating. They played with alt of heart! Knight may be my favorite pg of cals. He may not be most talented but he played with heart and wasn't worried about his image and show boating. Aka doing the John wall every time he scored. That bothers me to see players do that and nothing ever called on then for it. Cough cough.... Jones! Can stand his little flex deal after her dunks.
I love Calipari's first team at UK. They were a lot of fun to watch.
More talent than this season? And I'd take the. 96' team over any college team ever
If I dunked over someone in rupp arena I would probably flex too.
All Time

John Wall
Brandon Knight
Kidd-Gilchrist
Terrence Jones
Cousins.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If I dunked over someone in rupp arena I would probably flex too.

What I don't like is when players get technicals for it and then you see uk players flexing, John wallin, 3 googles. I just don't see that fair.
From Cals first three years...
1. Wall
2. Knight
3. MKG
4. Patterson
5. Cuz
That team right there would be crazy.

Cals first team here was the most talented but what a disappointing ending to that season...
His second was the toughest and he got the most out of their talent.
This one is up their with the first talent wise, except they're more balanced, and have a higher ceiling. Time will tell. 40-0, #8, most glorified collegiate team ever.
And to answer the question, I'm taking this years team. Only eight games into the season and it''s already been epic.
I would take the John Wall team over the other two teams.

All Time:

John Wall
Brandon Knight
Terrance Jones
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins
PG Jarrod Polson
SG John Hood
SF Stacey Poole
PF Eloy Vargas
C Enes Kanter (watching from the bench, we wouldnt need him with these four anyways)
Aslan Wrote:And to answer the question, I'm taking this years team. Only eight games into the season and it''s already been epic.

I can agree with that. But this years team doesnt have the WALL type player. If and when they play a close game and need a bucket. They dont have thay guy yet. For instance if they were to trade spots with UNC this past weekend and been down 1 with 10 seconds to go. Who do they go too and trust they get a bucket to win? Lamb or teague or even MKG/miller couldnt be trusted to do that yet. Wall proved he had that in him. He wasnt a great shooter but he hit buzzerbeater against sam houston state. That shot was epic my friend! He was laying down when he shot.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:PG Jarrod Polson
SG John Hood
SF Stacey Poole
PF Eloy Vargas
C Enes Kanter (watching from the bench, we wouldnt need him with these four anyways)
I went to the pros and villians game and enes was the worst player on the floor! he was terrible!
I would take the team with Wall, Cousins. i think this was his best team
MVP2 Wrote:I would take the John Wall team over the other two teams.

All Time:

John Wall
Brandon Knight
Terrance Jones
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

Oh my GAWD!!! Could you imagine if this was our starting 5 this year?
So no Derrick Rose or Marcus Camby on the All-Cal teams?
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:So no Derrick Rose or Marcus Camby on the All-Cal teams?

Pretty sure only his UK teams count.

SG John Hood
SF Stacey Poole
PF Eloy Vargas

Troll detected.
theVILLE Wrote:I can agree with that. But this years team doesnt have the WALL type player. If and when they play a close game and need a bucket. They dont have thay guy yet. For instance if they were to trade spots with UNC this past weekend and been down 1 with 10 seconds to go. Who do they go too and trust they get a bucket to win? Lamb or teague or even MKG/miller couldnt be trusted to do that yet. Wall proved he had that in him. He wasnt a great shooter but he hit buzzerbeater against sam houston state. That shot was epic my friend! He was laying down when he shot.

I trust them all besides Teague to take the final shot.
Aslan Wrote:I trust them all besides Teague to take the final shot.

He hit a game winner to beat the Ky All-Star team.
Quote:John Wall
Brandon Knight
Terrance Jones
Anthony Davis
DeMarcus Cousins

^ Great lineup, i was thinking the exact same thing
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Pretty sure only his UK teams count.

Troll detected.

My bad yo.
SG John Hood
SF Stacey Poole
PF Eloy Vargas

Nice lineup. I think Stevenson might be better to put in there than Kanter.

Tell me who you think would win between your team and this all star team:

PG Michael Porter
SG Matt Heissenbuttel
SF Preston Lemaster
PF Mark Coury
C Shagari Alleyne

What a matchup that would be!
My All-Cal team

G- Rose
G- Wall
F- Kidd-Gilchrist
F- Patterson
C- Cousins
My All-Cal Team:

G - Brandon Knight
G - John Wall
F - Darius Miller(The way he's playing this season)
F - Patrick Patterson
C - Demarcus Cousins

That was extremely tough. Man we've had a lot of talent sitting on the Wildcat bench the past couple years! Mind boggling...
WideRight05 Wrote:Nice lineup. I think Stevenson might be better to put in there than Kanter.

Tell me who you think would win between your team and this all star team:

PG Michael Porter
SG Matt Heissenbuttel
SF Preston Lemaster
PF Mark Coury
C Shagari Alleyne

What a matchup that would be!

Id sub Wookash Orbuit or howeve in the hell you spell it for Alleyne.
Oliver Sims and Steve Massiello would be great guys coming off the bench.
I would take the Wall and Cousins team
^ Give me until the end of the season, but I'd love to see a match-up of Wall's team versus this team at the end of eachs season.

IMO

Wall/Teague - Wall
Bledsoe/Lamb - Lamb
Miller/Kidd-Gilchrist - KG
Jones/Patterson - Patterson
Cousins/Davis - Cousins
They all suck! Or wait he just sucks at coaching! That's a fact!
Pages: 1 2