Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kansas Named Charlie Weis Head Coach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Offense Coordinator of the Florida Gators been named HC for the Kansas Jayhawks.

Weis has bounced around a little bit of everywhere the last couple of seasons.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/col...story.html
Weis could have got a better offer if he just waited.. Maybe could have been next Kentucky coach.
He goes from New England to Notre Dame, gets kicked out of South Bend and lands in Kansas City. Leaves the Chiefs for the Swamp, and leaves Florida for Kansas.

From the thrill of victory to the agony of defeat, but maybe he can get Kansas back to the success they were having when Mangino was there.
toussaints Wrote:He goes from New England to Notre Dame, gets kicked out of South Bend and lands in Kansas City. Leaves the Chiefs for the Swamp, and leaves Florida for Kansas.

From the thrill of victory to the agony of defeat, but maybe he can get Kansas back to the success they were having when Mangino was there.

Man I miss ol meatball mangino, but I dont have much faith in Weiss. He lost with size and speed at Notre Dame...Kansas has neither.
He has been moving around a lot lately.
I'm starting to like this guy less everytime he moves schools. Notre Dame must have really messed him up mentally. The man can't stay in one place anymore
ekff Wrote:Weis could have got a better offer if he just waited.. Maybe could have been next Kentucky coach.

So he could leave the next year? He has become a coaching carousel whore lol He is that late night booty call when schools have no other option but to sign him.
If he couldnt win with talent at notre dame. He couldnt win without it at kentucky.
I would rather have Weis than Mike Leech everyone was yelling for.
Im happy we got neither. Mike Leach had enough talent to be able to run the spread and had to speed to execute at TTU. What on gods green earth was he going to do at Kentucky?
Charlie will have moderate success at best at Kansas.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If he couldnt win with talent at notre dame. He couldnt win without it at kentucky.

Weis had a 10 win season.. When was the last time Kentucky had a 10 win season????

Weis would help Kentucky because he is a great O guy..

But I hate this move for him...
When was the last time kentucky could ever get enough talent under any coach to win 10 games?
MVP2, And Nothingtrivial. You guys are exactly right.
We'll see how it works out, but honestly I think that Weis is much better as a coordinator than he is a head coach.
To keep this thread on the Chiefs, I agree with you Wideright. Weis is a very good coordinator. I just don't think he is cut out to lead an organization!
Kansas really scraped the bottom of the garbage can with this choice.
He'll do fine there.
nky Wrote:He'll do fine there.

At least by Kansas' standards.