Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Miami Heat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know we have quite a few Heat fans on here, and mark my words I plan on making your lives hell all season long! That being said, realistically, how will the Heat do this year? Will Lebron and Bosh finally get that championship they are craving? Will they have the depth to make it through? Will a big trade happen?

Things are getting good with the season starting in just a few weeks.
every Heat fan on here will say that this is LeBron's year, they've always said that since he was at Cleveland. If he doesn't get one this year then he may not get one, ever! He's on a team that should be playing in the Finals or at least he's on a team that should make a deep run in the playoffs
I'm with you WR05. I hate the Miami Heat! But I do believe the Heat will make it to the NBA Finals.
I've been hearing for the last 5 years, "it's LeBrons year". I know he'll eventually win a ring, but he can't hide behind Dwayne Wade like he did last year.

I'll believe it when I see it.
I'm just gonna say no.
Lebron OWNS the NBA, so every year is Lebron's year!
now how does he exactly OWN the NBA? Kobe, Celtics, Spurs and the other top stars have something to say about that.
Lebron is the poster boy of the NBA is what Stardust says..
When your good, your good.. Lebron is good and he knows it..
This will more than likely be the year the Heat win it all..
But I will flip my chips and say L.A. wins hands down if they get Superman and CP3, or possibly even just Howard..
The Heat are the real deal.. In their first year of playing together they made it to the NBA finals.. That's all that need be said..
Ballers Wrote:Lebron is the poster boy of the NBA is what Stardust says..
When your good, your good.. Lebron is good and he knows it..
This will more than likely be the year the Heat win it all..
But I will flip my chips and say L.A. wins hands down if they get Superman and CP3, or possibly even just Howard..

He is good, but he could be great. Gotta get a ring. Before anyone argues with me, yes a ring is that important in basketball.
LeBron James has played 10 NBA Finals games. He's scored 25 points, zero times.
In MJ's first 10 NBA Finals games, he scored at least 25 points in every game.
Stop the comparisons, now.
If Lebron James would just go out every night with Kobe's mentality....
the Heat wouldn't drop a game.
There is a comparison..
Jordan has many more years over Lebron and has much more to show for it for those years that Lebron hasn't even played yet...
What about 20 point games in the finals? Lebron has those.
What about triple doubles in the finals?
Lebron has those..

A lot that you aren't accounting for.. Could argue about this all day.
zaga_fan Wrote:If Lebron James would just go out every night with Kobe's mentality....
the Heat wouldn't drop a game.

Very true.

If he had the "Killer" in him he would be the best player ever.
Ballers Wrote:The Heat are the real deal.. In their first year of playing together they made it to the NBA finals.. That's all that need be said..

LOL, all the haters said they would SUCK. Not a bad year and not only did they make the finals, they played the best series against the hottest team in Basketball. Look out NBA!!!
It just came across on ESPN that the Heat are signing Shane Battier.
That could be HUGE!
A defender of that caliber is a BIG pickup.
Battier is a very good role player, something that the Heat are in need of
Has the NBA moved to 3 quarters per game?
Ballers Wrote:There is a comparison..
Jordan has many more years over Lebron and has much more to show for it for those years that Lebron hasn't even played yet...

Hmm it's a perfect comparison. It's a comparison of their first ten Finals games, not Jordans entire Finals resume. It's eye popping because LeBron career average is 27ppg and he's yet to have a 25 point outing in the finals.
Yes, LeBron does have that triple double.
Heat also plans to sign Eddie Curry, who has only played 10 total games in the past 3 seasons.
Aslan Wrote:Hmm it's a perfect comparison. It's a comparison of their first ten Finals games, not Jordans entire Finals resume. It's eye popping because LeBron career average is 27ppg and he's yet to have a 25 point outing in the finals.
Yes, LeBron does have that triple double.

WOW a Triple Double! Rondo is tied with Lebron for the most in the playoffs of active players. In 3 less years. And giving up about 7 inches. And not having a jump shot. Broken Arm, Hmm oh yea. Rondo has something on James. HEART! The will to win. And a Ring.
MVP2 Wrote:Heat also plans to sign Eddie Curry, who has only played 10 total games in the past 3 seasons.

He was with them last year i believe. Won a game or 2 for them with a big 3.
I would agree that LeBron is the best player in the league right now, but to compare him to MJ is too high at this point. I don't really like to even compare him to MJ, I compare him more to guys like Julius Erving or Elgin Baylor, who are more his style of player than MJ.

Signing Battier would be a huge move for the Heat. I see him having no problem taking a pay cut to go there. But what the heat really need is somebody that can control the point well, and a solid center if they want to make a huge push again. But I definitely wouldn't complain signing Battier if I were a Heat fan.
Only 6 players at camp this week for the heat. Big three, Anthony, Haslem, and I forget who the other one was lol. Heat still looking to get a full roster for the season right now.
Triple doubles don't count if you have a "big 3"
Pages: 1 2