Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: No Fun For Paintsville.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some of the rules set in place for Paintsville's student section.

No black paint, Because it is racist.

No Redneck-Nerd themes because they are offensive.

No yelling while the cheerleaders are on the floor.

No cut-off shirts allowed.

and no derogatory statements are allowed to be said at all.

No chants about the other team.

in other words they might as well sit down.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Some of the rules set in place for Paintsville's student section.

Come on PTF tell me you are joking. Right?
I hope that's a joke....

I remember what it was like to have a crazy principal holding back the student section though. It sucks.
Hes not joking.
yea yea and they complain to the students, tell them they have no school spirit...kind of hard to have school spirit when your school treats you like garbage. Hate to say it but all paintsville's done lately is promise great things to students for doing well on their testing, trips to theme parks and restaurants, only for those to be lies. No senior trips and no fairness. As soon as they test and usually test well, they are treated like garbage and basically run out of the school. And that's not just my opinion, i've talked to many kids who said this is how they've felt after graduation.
That's sad.

Let the kids be kids.
sad aint it.
That's awful! Why even have a pep section?
The kids should just go all out and rebel. They can't do anything to stop all those kids from doing that when they show up at the games. We had a similar problem once playing a WV school that had a crazy student section. Principals were all over us the whole game about "showing class" and all that crap. The other student section was making fun of one of our student assistants who had a growth disorder that prevented him from being a normal height. We just went all out to the point our principals could not do a thing to slow us down..hopefully Paintsville will do the same.
If this is true and in reality I have to believe it is, then that would probably explain the poor attendance at football games in recent years. You could probably take all the fans home on a couple of school buses. Maybe the students should choose not to go to the games or perhaps they could watch it on close circuit TV from the new cafiteria.
Guess what folks, Uniforms are next.
I see nothing wrong with a rebellion. Some of the upper classmen need to step up.
I told them to all come to the game in a shirt and tie, and just sit there. Until the admins decide enough is enough.
I see nothing wrong with a rebellion. Some of the upper classmen need to step up.
That is ridiculous. I feel sorry for them. It's not fair at all.
Sounds like a knee jerk overreaction. Shame that a few spoil the fun for the majority by taking it overboard. I love a rowdy student body at the games. But if people are going over the line, find a different way to rein it in. Heck, I can remember when Pikeville's pep section used to shout "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwwwwwed" any time a ref made a bad call. :biggrin:

Today's students would probably get an in school suspension for that, though. Unreal.
That's seriously ridiculous.
might as well be a home game for the other team. I'd bring my own students and overun the place
I am just wandering if the Paintsville players are permitted to communicate with each other. If all the adversity continues the Tigers may go 0-?. Come on guys. Sounds like "The Board" needs to get on the boards.
lot of students won't even show up for the games if all there allowed to do is just sit. I thought every team's fans had a right to cheer on there own team?
That's the most insane set of rules I've ever heard for a pep section.
Strikeout King Wrote:lot of students won't even show up for the games if all there allowed to do is just sit. I thought every team's fans had a right to cheer on there own team?

They are alowed to cheer just not be offensive to anyone in the process.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I told them to all come to the game in a shirt and tie, and just sit there. Until the admins decide enough is enough.

Dude your idea is amazing. That's a nice way to be classy but yet a smartass at the same time
From what I hear they are gonna try and break every rule on the above list for the next game. Force the school to kick them all out until the parents get fed up.
PHSForever Wrote:Sounds like a knee jerk overreaction. Shame that a few spoil the fun for the majority by taking it overboard. I love a rowdy student body at the games. But if people are going over the line, find a different way to rein it in. Heck, I can remember when Pikeville's pep section used to shout "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwwwwwed" any time a ref made a bad call. :biggrin:

Today's students would probably get an in school suspension for that, though. Unreal.

We used to chant stuff that would get these guys thrown into juvie.
They should just not come to the games. End of story. Meet at someone's house, have a party and listen to it on the radio.
I hate when schools do this...

Black Paint is racist? WTF
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Some of the rules set in place for Paintsville's student section.

OMG, this is why this nation is still struggling with racism. We create our own issues.

If I was a student, WHY GO????
The only one i agree with is no yelling while the cheerleaders are on the floor. Everything else is just plain bull. I remember when i was in school every game had a packed gym. Both sides where back & forth chanting things at each other all night. Hell thats what made it fun. Things like this are the very reason for the lack of fan support at games these days. Hell the students are usually over half of the attendance at the games. Take them away & take all those $$$$$$ away.

They have gone overboard imo. Gotta let the kids have a fun, within reason.
The only one I halfway agree with is the one about derogatory statements (and signs). That has to be controlled to a certain degree. I have seen some pretty bad fights break out over the years because a few kids in a pep sections went too far with some of their remarks and actions. Some of that stuff carries over outside after the games. Students should have fun but still keep it in perspective.
Pages: 1 2