Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay @ Whitley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay has the top 2 post players in the region and the #1 point gaurd in the region They will cruise one more time against 13th region opponents
Like them or not that is the way it is
If theres a team in the region that can beat Clay this yeat its Whitley.
But with that said im not sure were ready for Clay yet.
Lets see just what this young team can do.
Whitley does have the best shot at knocking off Clay at this point. They are playing well.
Clay doesn't have the best two post players in the region though.
Who does then
I think this game will be too close to call....however I hope the Lady Colonels roll....we need a changing of the guard in the 13th....and Whitley Co may pull it off.
Ashley Mullins is the best post player in the region.
Evans and Carroll at Harlan County are in the next group, along with Woolum and Chesnut and Craig and Gregory.
Im sorry but you are mistaken
Madden is 1st Mullins and Chesnut 2 and 3
Madden is a nice player and good athlete, but I doubt there is a coach in the region who would rank Madden ahead of Mullins.

They played Monday.

Mullins had 19 points and 10 rebounds.
Madden had six points and four rebounds.

Clay had to go to a 2-3 after the first quarter because Madden and Chesnut couldn't guard her without fouling.
Clay will play a 2 3 zone mostly anyway
Clay had no problem winning the game did they
The only way Whitley beats Clay is if Smith puts up 40
Southern Pride Wrote:Clay will play a 2 3 zone mostly anyway
Clay had no problem winning the game did they

What does either of those statements have to do with our discussion about the best post player in the region?

They just played. Mullins is better.
You go by a game that your team gets beat 17 points You cant compare stats on 1 game when you get beat 17 points
Southern Pride Wrote:The only way Whitley beats Clay is if Smith puts up 40

With the way shes been playing this year, its possible.
But dont look for Clay to run us out of the gym, it is at Whitley.

IMHO, its number 1 and 2 in this region going at it.
Clay by 14
Southern Pride Wrote:You go by a game that your team gets beat 17 points You cant compare stats on 1 game when you get beat 17 points

What does that have to do with it?
Clay was the better team. Harlan was better at that position.

You could look at the season totals if you prefer, or last season or the year before, or the fact that the coaches in the 13th Region picked her as the No. 1 player in the region.
Mullins was 6 and Madden was 7 last yr Mullins avg. more points but Madden didnt have to do as much
It really doent matter anyway the thread was about Clay and Whitley
Whitley put up a good fight
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I think this game will be too close to call....however I hope the Lady Colonels roll....we need a changing of the guard in the 13th....and Whitley Co may pull it off.

Like I said....too close to call. 57-53...Clay wins in a Battle! I think it is clear who the number 2 team in the Region should be. WHITLEY CO LADY COLONELS!!! Hats off to Clay for overcoming an 11pt halftime deficit.
Why did Clay get 2 Ts