Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 68 Allen Central 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from TW Oliver. Pikeville starts out 1-0 on the year with a win over the Rebels. Will branham played very well for Pikeville as did Jacob Hamilton. This team is very undersized, but has room for improvement as some people get their legs under them and gel a little bit. Going to have to continue to rebound the ball this well against bigger teams and find some guys who are willing to take some pride in playing defense. Chase Hall and Randy Maynard both showed great flashes in their first basketball action in a long time. If those guys can get into the groove, it definitely bodes well for Pikeville's ability to compete. A lot of Pikeville's wins this season will probably come in an ugly fashion, but that is okay and I'll take great effort over lazy good basketball all day.

All in all I liked what I saw tonight in terms of effort and it will do for game #1. Now on to Pittsburg!

Tackett for AC had a great game with 29 points.
Congrats Panthers
Congrats, Panthers! Always good to start out with a win. Keep it up, we'll be rooting for you when you are in Pittsburgh!
congrats on the win!!
Nice win Pikeville.
Congrats Panthers!!
Allen Central 13 15 20 10 58

Pikeville 15 18 17 18 68

Allen Central (2-1) -- Harlow 12, Tackett 29, Gibson 5, Prater 1, Jarrell 9, Handshoe 2.

Pikeville (1-0) -- Tackett 3, McAnallen 11, Anderson 2, Hamilton 12, Branham 19, Rowe 21.

http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...osition=56
Congrats Pikeville