Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2a 2012 FAVORITES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you all thank will shine and who will fall
I don't know a lot about what teams outside of NKY have coming back, but Holy Cross and NewCath return some good skill players and linemen.
toussaints Wrote:I don't know a lot about what teams outside of NKY have coming back, but Holy Cross and NewCath return some good skill players and linemen.

HC has a big role to fill at QB for a second year in a row. Their season will depend alot on how Gabbard or whoever else plays QB fills that role.
HC and NCC would look to be favorites. Based on NCC's history and HC maybe becoming a new power player in KY football, at least in 2A,
I think NC looks to have a lot of little, weak guys leftover. The numbers are down and it appears so is the talent.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I think NC looks to have a lot of little, weak guys leftover. The numbers are down and it appears so is the talent.

Never gets old. :Clap:
Glasogw lost lots but still have some talented players returning so they may be the favorite on the western side of the state again.

Rumor has it that there maybe a change in the KHSAA this upcoming season.
^^What kind of change(s) are we talking about? Playoffs
Who will NCC be sending a fruit basket to next year? Holy Cross, Brossart, Lloyd, Newport?
^Come on Pman53,what the rumor?
Anyone who thinks NCC will win 2A must either be an NCC fan, blind, or dumb - or all three.

I think Holy Cross will be a load to handle again this year, for anyone.
Wide*$$es seriously need to get a life!
Holy Cross
I've been hearing that they make go from 6 classes to 5 classes, to cut down on the number of first round playoffs blow outs and the number of 1,2, or 3 win teams making the playoffs. And also travel because the distance some teams have to travel to get to the first round matchup which is usually a blowout more times than not.
Cov Holy Cross should be the favorite until someone beats them and ends their season next year
Dont disregard Somerset. They return seven on offense and seven on defense.
Grey Goose Wrote:Dont disregard Somerset. They return seven on offense and seven on defense.

I'm on that Grey Goose..
Do I Know You?
Do I Know You?
Do I Know You?
tooth doc Wrote:Cov Holy Cross should be the favorite until someone beats them and ends their season next year
Holy Cross is losing a lot of big play players but I think they go into next year in beter shape than any year in the past.
They have recievers for next year but who do they have to replace Kozerski at TE and DE/LB? Who will fill the shoes of Lampone and Trunnel? These would be the wholes that I see that need to be filled, although I would think the right guard Ketron could fill in for Kozerski but the other two would be wide open. Maybe Fischer and Herndon?
2A will always go through New Cath. This year HC beat them, so they won the title
Old Henry Man Wrote:2A will always go through New Cath. This year HC beat them, so they won the title

NCC has very few titles. It goes thru Newcath on occasion, but it's rare. Look for a continued downturn at Newcath.
HC should be the favorite because they are the defending champs. However, NCC and Somerset will be very good as well. Not knowing what other teams in the state have returning, I think one of these 3 teams should be the favorite to win it all. I would like to see my boys at HC win it again though
tooth doc Wrote:HC should be the favorite because they are the defending champs.

I agree. especially in 2A because it seems like every season, there are 8-12 teams with very realistic shots at winning state. Really any team can win state, that's why they play the game, but those 12 teams catch the eye of a lot of people.

So until a team keeps HC out of the playoffs or beats them in the playoffs, they're the favorite.
Wideleft01 Wrote:NCC has very few titles. It goes thru Newcath on occasion, but it's rare. Look for a continued downturn at Newcath.

In the past decade, NCC has made 7 state appearances and has 3 state titles.
Rumor has it that Cov HC has just added a new member to their backfield.
Goldendomer57 Wrote:Rumor has it that Cov HC has just added a new member to their backfield.
Not sure on the rumor but look for it to happen often. Kids want to play for winning teams, even more want to play for Champions. And lets say it, even more want to play for a team that has to be the favorite to win it again next year.
Holy Cross has been putting the word out that they play solid football. This Championship put it out their even more, kids notice these things. In the past choices were limited on a school for football, HC just opened eyes and doors. Look for kids that in the past would have went to Cov Cath, Holmes and maybe even Beechwood to start chosing HC.
Goldendomer57 Wrote:Rumor has it that Cov HC has just added a new member to their backfield.

If you are referring to Jonathan Scruggs, he shadowed a student at Holy Cross last week, but hasn't transferred and until he does, he's still a student at Holmes High School.

Although it wouldn't be a surprise if he did transfer. He was very close to enrolling at Holy Cross last year and he's had strong family ties to HC.