Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hornets engaged in serious CP3 talks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Hornets began to seriously engage in trade discussions for superstar Chris Paul Tuesday, with the Celtics, Clippers, Warriors and Mavericks among the most serious suitors, sources told CBSSports.com.

The Clippers' opening salvo was an offer that included Eric Gordon and restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan, with L.A. hoping that the prospect of playing with electrifying forward Blake Griffin and the big stage of Los Angeles would be enticing enough to Paul that he would eventually commit to the team long term.

The details of offers surrounding talks with Dallas and Golden State weren't known, though Yahoo Sports reported that the Warriors' offer centered around Stephen Curry and rookie Klay Thompson. But the Celtics stepped forward with an offer that would not have to come with any commitment from Paul that he'd re-sign with Boston after the season. According to a person familiar with the discussions, the Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, two future first-round picks, and restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade for Paul.

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mc...3/33733675
I'd love to CP3 in LA - Clippers that is. I'd love to see him feeding Blake Griffin
Stardust Wrote:I'd love to CP3 in LA - Clippers that is. I'd love to see him feeding Blake Griffin

I think they'd put on a good show..
But as far as winning goes, can they get the job done?
If he wouldn't sign a contract with the Celtics...
he wouldn't sign one with the Clippers...

I don't care what kind of stage he is on.
Clippers are always the "other" team in LA.
Quote: But the Celtics stepped forward with an offer that would not have to come with any commitment from Paul that he'd re-sign with Boston after the season. According to a person familiar with the discussions, the Celtics offered Rajon Rondo, two future first-round picks, and restricted free agent Jeff Green in a sign-and-trade for Paul.

IMO, the Celtics are dumb. Give up all of that for 1 year of CP3? How much time is left on his current deal?
In all honesty, I think CP3 has had his day.. He will be a good contributor but nothing like he was in his earlier years..
Stardust Wrote:I'd love to CP3 in LA - Clippers that is. I'd love to see him feeding Blake Griffin

Well, looks like I might get my wish