Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan High 2012 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How should the Dragons fare next season after a season plagued with injuries and a 6-5 record? All and all next season is to be the one they have waited on with 14 talented senior's and 8 junior's. They lost two linemen,Dylan Chasteen and Christian Turbyfill,and one WR,Vince Bianchi,to graduation.
lion #1 Wrote:How should the Dragons fare next season after a season plagued with injuries and a 6-5 record? All and all next season is to be the one they have waited on with 14 talented senior's and 8 junior's. They lost two linemen,Dylan Chasteen and Christian Turbyfill,and one WR,Vince Bianchi,to graduation.

I think the sky is the limit for this group of kid's. Last season,at one point,they were so injury riddled that against Jenkins they were down 6 starters on offense and defense. I think the key for them is to have a good off season in the weight room. I think that had an impact on a lot of those injuries. They need some of those senior's to step up and become good solid leader's. I think that by the time they got to the playoffs they were just so beat down they couldn't get fired up to play. They should have been able to compete with Williamsburg better than they did. After all they did beat them handily in the early season and they did give Hazard a better game than Williamsburg being only down 21-13 at the half. They lost to a good Pikeville team by 7 and a good Leslie Co. team by 6 and those teams beat them in the waning seconds of those games. Nobody blew them out other than that last game against Williamsburg. So if they can keep the injuries to a minimum and develop some leadership I could see them in the semi's next year. Saragas should have another banner year with those reciever's that return and Williams and Logan should give them that running threat and I think they should use the run more next season. They will need to get a solid line together but I don't think they should have a hard time doing that with what they have coming back. From what I hear they have added Lex. Christian to the schedule and I look forward to that game. LCA should be better next season than they were this past season. The future is bright for the Dragon's and I think they have two or three freshmen coming up next season that can have an immediate impact and that also is a plus for them.
I see harlan having an outstanding year (as long as everyone stays healthy). they return 8 on defense, and 8 on offense. With New players coming in, they should be fine filling the lost spots. Returning All Sekc Players: Cody Logan, Okey Boggs, Dalton Overbay, David Allen, Dakota Morris(player of the year), Ty Saragas, Ryland Atkins, Demarcus Williams. I See all of these players having a great year. Boggs had an outstanding year at the MLB position last year, i think he as well as the rest of them steps it up this year.

Game to watch: Harlan Vs. Williamsburg and also pikeville
Harlan is going to be decent again in 2012 season, but won't be able to get past Hazard.
Ptp71 Wrote:Harlan is going to be decent again in 2012 season, but won't be able to get past Hazard.

That may be true,but Harlan will be a lot better than last season and the jury is still out on Hazard cause they lost some special players. The kind you just don't find every year. They will be a good team though because of thier coach. How good? We'll find out. I do know they will have a tough schedule to get through. As good as they were last season they still had some tough games. Harlan has been reeling Hazard in for a couple years now,but if they can't get it done this year they may not do it for awhile. Harlan's chances are a lot better this year.
I see Harlan finishing second in district behind Wburg.
Wburg will just be too strong IMO.