Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 55 - Boyd Co 52 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley 7 9 14 5 10 55
Boyd Co. 6 11 17 11 7 52

Shelby Valley (1-0) -- Lucas 10, Robinson 4, Bentley 10, Richardson 4, Belter 16, Newsome 11.
Boyd Co. (1-2) -- Wallace 4, Stacey 10, Mayse 6, Blevins 17, Lowe 4, Taylor 4, Jerrell 7.
Shelby Valley back down to reality after their big run.
WideRight05 Wrote:Shelby Valley back down to reality after their big run.

They won though?
Good job Wildcats , start the season with a win
Nobody that goes to overtime with boyd will be successful. Period.
WideRight05 Wrote:Nobody that goes to overtime with boyd will be successful. Period.
Until Shelby Valley does not win the Region they are still the team, so quit complaining so early in the season
That region must be pretty bad for a middle school team to have won it last year.
WideRight05 Wrote:Nobody that goes to overtime with boyd will be successful. Period.

First game of the season. They won. On the road. Games right now don't matter anyways. SV knows how to win in March, and that is when it counts.
^ like I said, any region where a middle school team wins must be pathetic.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ like I said, any region where a middle school team wins must be pathetic.

:popcorn:I guess if you want to look at it that way. Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:First game of the season. They won. On the road. Games right now don't matter anyways. SV knows how to win in March, and that is when it counts.

Onion Head, its a miracle!!! We actually agree on something!! You are very right, games right now mean very little, especially with a team this young. Valley started slow last year and got hot at the right time. Expect them to be in the mix at the end of the year.
^ Your lucky I don't know you or I would have totally spit out a your mom joke there! Big Grin

Seriously, Shelby Valley has a big following on here and I usually like to give teams with big followings a hard time. They have a good young team that will do a lot of great things I'm sure. Best of luck to them.
Note: The post above was meant for Mr. Onion Head

Nobody that can't win with their own hometown players or coaches will be successful .
Congrats to the Valley kids!!! Sounds like a great game by Belter and pretty consistent scoring across the board for the rest of the team.... now for the big stat, how many turnovers did they have tonight?
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:Nobody that can't win with their own hometown players or coaches will be successful .

Of course you can tell a cheeter when they have to use home town refs to get it for them .
WideRight05 Wrote:Shelby Valley back down to reality after their big run.

Not certain what you mean by this. I'm pretty sure that SV came back down to reality last season when they finished with a 13-18 record, after winning it all in 2010.
This is a good win. Winning on the road at Boyd County, who had earlier only lost at Ashland by 7, is nothing to sniff at.

Congrats to Shelby Valley on a good start to the season.
good win valley!!
congrats Wildcats
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Until Shelby Valley does not win the Region they are still the team, so quit complaining so early in the season

How many years has SV won the Region in the last 10?
Stardust Wrote:How many years has SV won the Region in the last 10?

If I'm not mistaken, they have won it 7 times under three different coaches. Rodney Rowe coached the 2002 and 2003 teams. Jason Booher coached the 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2010 team. Greg Newsome coached last year's team.

7 Of the last 10.

7 out of the last 10 years.

It has certainly been an impressive run, although last year's trip to Rupp, made by a team that was 10-17 entering the regional tournament, was certainly the most unexpected. (Somewhat makes up for the disappointment of not making it in 2008 with a team that finished 24-5.)
More Cowbell Wrote:7 out of the last 10 years.

It has certainly been an impressive run, although last year's trip to Rupp, made by a team that was 10-17 entering the regional tournament, was certainly the most unexpected. (Somewhat makes up for the disappointment of not making it in 2008 with a team that finished 24-5.)

It has been impressive . . . especially the years from 2007-2010 when they were 116-18 (.866 winning percentage) and they are 291-89 (.765 winning percentage) since the 1999-2000 season.
For those of you that don't often visit the Football forum. With WR05 You're gonna be in for a loooong season if you don't just take it in stride :biggrin:
Can anybody guess what is wrong in the first post?
Shelby Valleys score only adds up to 45 not 55
I'm sure just a typo. Should have been listed as 15 points scored by Valley in the 4th Qtr instead of 5.