Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If College Basketball used the BCS football system.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A preacher friend of mine gave me this idea, and I thought it was very clever.

If College Basketball used the BCS football system how many MORE titles would UK have right now?

Currently UK has 7. The only title that I can remember that UK was not either THE top team or a #1 seed was the 1998 team, and they might have been a #1 seed, but I cannot remember.

Could you imagine how many titles UK would have if the championship was merely based on the regular season, conference championship game, and then ONE GAME. They honestly would have 10-12 or more. Tubby had two or three #1 teams heading into the tourney, Joe B Hall had another one or two, Cal's team with Wall and Cousins was #1 I think, etc.....

What say you? Would UK have more? Remember that 1 or 2 of those Tubby teams were not beaten by the best team, they were beaten by teams that they overlooked (Squeaky Johnson's-UAB, etc... )

Pitino's 1997 team would only have 1 game to play, would Anderson have played in that 1 game? (I cannot remember when he got injured, was it before the season, before the tourney, before the championship game, etc...)

What say you?
LWC Wrote:A preacher friend of mine gave me this idea, and I thought it was very clever.

If College Basketball used the BCS football system how many MORE titles would UK have right now?

Currently UK has 7. The only title that I can remember that UK was not either THE top team or a #1 seed was the 1998 team, and they might have been a #1 seed, but I cannot remember.

Could you imagine how many titles UK would have if the championship was merely based on the regular season, conference championship game, and then ONE GAME. They honestly would have 10-12 or more. Tubby had two or three #1 teams heading into the tourney, Joe B Hall had another one or two, Cal's team with Wall and Cousins was #1 I think, etc.....

What say you? Would UK have more? Remember that 1 or 2 of those Tubby teams were not beaten by the best team, they were beaten by teams that they overlooked (Squeaky Johnson's-UAB, etc... )

Pitino's 1997 team would only have 1 game to play, would Anderson have played in that 1 game? (I cannot remember when he got injured, was it before the season, before the tourney, before the championship game, etc...)

What say you?

With the bias against UK, we almost certainly would have had FEWER
using a BCS system. We would NEVER get selected to the title
game unless we were so OVERWHELMINGLY superior that non
one could possibly vote for anyone else.
LWC Wrote:A preacher friend of mine gave me this idea, and I thought it was very clever.

What say you?

I don't recall what the rankings were for these for these games. You mentioned #1 seeds. Well, that's not the BCS system, it's #1 & #2 only, not #3 & #4. Also, the BCS uses computer rankings to include conference strength as well. During those years, the SEC was not very good. Instead, the finals would probably always have a Big 10 and possibly a Pac 10 team in it every year. So, maybe the argument goes the other way and UK may not have even gotten the chance to play in title games in which they won.
Thank God they don't have it!

What say you?

Anderson was injured EARLY in the season.

Also which Tubby team would have gotten a title? With him at
the helm that's REALLY hard to imagine.