Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell @ Owsley Dec. 6th 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opening District game for both teams, tell me who you think is gonna win, by how much an why. Ill take powell by 25+ they r gonna be too athletic for owsley an i think the Dennis kid down low will have a feild day with him being 6'6" an i doubt owsley will have a matchup for him. this game will be over at halftime

:igiveup:
If Powell doesn't turn the ball over a lot then they should be fine but if they do then they very well could end up losing but I see the Pirates winning this one by 10-15
your right about the turnovers, but powell will win this game by way more than 10-15 pts. they will be up by 20+ at halftime
I definately agree. But Powell's season will live or die on their guards ability to NOT turn the ball over!
Powell by 15+
Powell by 20!
pirate fanatic Wrote:I definately agree. But Powell's season will live or die on their guards ability to NOT turn the ball over!

this is exactly right.... they are a very athletic team imo with good pieces but struggle at the pt guard position right now. they have one of the most talented big men in the region if they can get him the ball. averaging right at 13pts a game an only getting up around 6 or 7 shots a game. but i believe they will get better every game an be ready to bring back the district title
I think Owsley could make it a good game. They have some scorers and will put up some points. Defense will be the key. They pressed a much bigger Lynn Camp team out of the gym Saturday night.
Powell - 59
Owsley - 40
Powell by double digits. Watched replay of Powell vs PCC last nite. Powell was in this game for three qtrs. Really impressed on how hard Coach Hall has these kids playing! They were able at times to press Perry effectively in this game. Also has some size inside to give some teams problems. Cut down on turnovers and will be a tough team to beat.
Powell Co.
Powell by 30+
Are the guys that do the air the games on the Radio for Powell, airing this game? Assuming they will since it's a district game
they normally do on district games unless the powell co girls play at hm the same night of an away game
Owsley starts one junior and 4 sophomores. It may be an uphill struggle for such a young team.
Don't know what Powell has but another post said they had a 6'6 center. Owsley's tallest player is only 6'2. That could be a big problem.
But the game is in the Owls' Nest. There have been big upsets there before, so who knows what might happen.
basketballfan10 Wrote:they normally do on district games unless the powell co girls play at hm the same night of an away game

looks like it will be on the radio being as the Next Game for the Lady Pirates is on Dec. 10th