Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beech, TN 58 - Perry County Central 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread on this already.

Final
^ I know..

But I can't find any stats from the game. Also can't get ahold of a friend of mine whose a assistant coach.
I knew this would be a tough game for the Dores because this Beech team is ranked 12th in Tennessee.
Only losing by 13, without Jaysean, against a team like this...not bad.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I knew this would be a tough game for the Dores because this Beech team is ranked 12th in Tennessee.

Sure.

But Perry is rated in the top 20 in Kentucky w/o Jaysean.
Beech is a pretty good team but shouldnt have beat Perry Central like this.
Perry only attempted 11 total free throws in this game compared to 28 attempts from last game. This says one of two things, they did not take the ball to the goal and settled for the outside shot, or their dribble penetration was not effective due to the other teams defense. One player for Perry did make 5 out of 7 shots from beyond the arc, however the rest of the team did not shoot so well from out side the three point line. If the playmakers can not penetrate and dish along with some good outside shooting it makes for a long game.
Aslan Wrote:Only losing by 13, without Jaysean, against a team like this...not bad.
Why say without Jaysean? PCC has never had Jaysean
Aslan Wrote:Only losing by 13, without Jaysean, against a team like this...not bad.

I'm not going crazy over this loss or anything I understand its the first week of dec. But What do you mean a team like this? Their a top 15 team in Tenn. and Perry is a top 20 team in KY.
OOoooops
ekff Wrote:I'm not going crazy over this loss or anything I understand its the first week of dec. But What do you mean a team like this? Their a top 15 team in Tenn. and Perry is a top 20 team in KY.

A team of this quality without potentially Perry's best player.
^ Yeah but Perry was still ranked top 20 without Jaysean. But I understand.
I'm not worried too much about this one, Beech is a good team and it is early December. The 'Dores will be fine and learn from this loss and get better.
Bulldog Mike Wrote:Perry only attempted 11 total free throws in this game compared to 28 attempts from last game. This says one of two things, they did not take the ball to the goal and settled for the outside shot, or their dribble penetration was not effective due to the other teams defense. One player for Perry did make 5 out of 7 shots from beyond the arc, however the rest of the team did not shoot so well from out side the three point line. If the playmakers can not penetrate and dish along with some good outside shooting it makes for a long game.

The reason this happened was because this team played a 1-3-1 very big zone on them. They had a guy on point that was 6'5", the two wings were like 6'6" and 6'7", and were quick too.Tthis made it very hard for the Beverly kid to see over them and get the ball inside like he usually does. He could also not get by them as easy as it is around here. Perry will be fine, this was a very good team and it just makes them better playing this kind of competiton early in the year. They should know something in the next day or two about Paige I would think. 15 days is up on Friday.
Wall4president Wrote:The reason this happened was because this team played a 1-3-1 very big zone on them. They had a guy on point that was 6'5", the two wings were like 6'6" and 6'7", and were quick too.Tthis made it very hard for the Beverly kid to see over them and get the ball inside like he usually does. He could also not get by them as easy as it is around here. Perry will be fine, this was a very good team and it just makes them better playing this kind of competiton early in the year. They should know something in the next day or two about Paige I would think. 15 days is up on Friday.

So what you are saying is, if other teams Perry plays are tall/long and are quick and run a 1-3-1 zone, that Perry is going to have trouble scoring?
If I was the opposing teams then I would run this defense every game against Perry County Central, if I had the height and quickness. It does make them better to play better competition, but if you do not make the correct adjustments the same results will occur.