Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County 69 - Knox Central 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Well, I wasn't expecting this. Is Central down this year or is Leslie Co good this year?

Congrats Eagles!!
Knox Central 11 14 8 25 58

Leslie Co. 16 18 13 22 69

Knox Central (0-1) -- Achenjang 7, J.Barger 15, Wilbur 8, M.Barger 10, Merida 7, Hensley 2, Adams 9.

Leslie Co. (1-0) -- Bray 8, Asher 14, Acker 6, Napier 15, Collett 16, Morgan 8, Sizemore 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/10403...z1fX3FvOpZ
Good opening win for Leslie...
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Well, I wasn't expecting this. Is Central down this year or is Leslie Co good this year?Congrats Eagles!!

Knox isnt supposed to be down this year. I mean they may not have as strong as a team as they have in years past, but as far as being down they shouldnt be. Leslie however I have no idea.
i watched this game.... leslie lead all game... knox started to come back put leslie was 2 much 4 them. i was told knox was a top team in the 13th region this year.... so i dont think there down, leslie has a good physical team. and lcs hobert asher didnt play over 10mins the whole game.... got in bad foul trouble... so that shows leslie is a good team.
Didn't see Tanner Broughton in the box score for Knox Central, is he hurt?
Broughton has been at Barbourville since June.
I guess Canady isn't playing after all.
I was at the game. Leslie co has a good team. Kc came out flat. It was like we had a lid on our goal the first half. We couldn't hit and Leslie co couldn't miss. It was just one of those days. TJ kelly was also on the bench within the first 3 trips down the floor and probably only played 5 mins the whole game. Leslie has a quick point guard and sees the court well. Kc also missed about 10 free throws. I didn't count but maybe 1 or 2 freethrows that leslie missed. I think it was number 12 that hit about 3 or 4 3pt shots the second half that really hurt the most. We had 2 freshman in the game the whole time. At one point we were playing with 3 freshman. It is early in the season. KC has a good team and played a lot better this summer against better teams and won. I am sure this will be a good game when Leslie comes to KC but I think the results will come out different. Congrats to Leslie co. on a good win!
Congrats Eagles!
Leslie is pretty good this year with a senior-dominated team led by Asher.
Knox Central will have a good season. I was surprised the freshmen are contributing this much already.
HDE Wrote:Leslie is pretty good this year with a senior-dominated team led by Asher.
Knox Central will have a good season. I was surprised the freshmen are contributing this much already.
HDE these freshmen are the real deal come region time the will have grown up a lot and we should be hard to handle. Two of the freshman are deadly from the three. Matthew barger is already running the point like he has played for three years in highschool. All three handle the ball very well and have shown over the summer not to be intimidated by upper classmen. I think we will finish strong.
Leslie lost by double digits to M'boro so they are down. KC is just not very good. Take away Barger and they would be a JV team. Be lucky to be above .500 IMO.
Chris maggard did not play against middlesboro, and he is probably the 2nd best player on Leslies team so i wouldnt look into that lesle and middlesboro game too much
William Muney Wrote:Leslie lost by double digits to M'boro so they are down. KC is just not very good. Take away Barger and they would be a JV team. Be lucky to be above .500 IMO.
Muney I have read quite a few of your post in football. I have a lot of respect for you and your knowledge of the game. I just cant believe what you just posted. You are way out in left field somewhere. I will bet the shirt off my back that you will eat those words by the end of the season! One man doesent make a team and if you took the time to watch us play you would think totally different. You have just insulted the rest of the juniors and seniors. Our freshmen could beat some of these varsity teams. Take away Barger and guess what we still have the other Barger. If this is the way you view KC then you better stick with football. Something that you know, cause you dont know crap about basketball! ( JV Team ) Get real Muney! Your a joke!
Calling it like I see them. Evans needs to re-examine the way he does things or move on. I hope we win out for the rest of the season!!! They will sorely miss the 2 Canady's and Broughton. Barger for my money maybe the best player in the region but can't do it alone and I am not sold anyone else can score enough to beat decent teams like, B'ville, Harlan Co., Corbin, Bell and a few others.
I'm looking forward to the Harlan County-Knox Central freshman game. That should be two of the top three or four teams in the region. It looks like that group is all guards for KC. Harlan County has some size this year. Tyler Miller is one of the best freshmen in the region, along with McDaniel at Clay and Barger at KC. Caldwell, at Harlan County, could also move into that group.

Leslie had a senior-dominated group when I saw them this summer. Losing to Middlesboro by that much did surprise me though. Middlesboro plays hard and improved a lot toward the end of the year last season.