Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2 obsevations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.that should show the doubters that UNC, at this time IS
the 2nd best team in the land.

2. they are the SECOND best. Despite shooting 20 points
higher fom the line than their season average, and shooting
about 40 points higher than average from 3, UNC
still didn't have enough to keep UK's DEFENSE from
clamping down and winning this game

UK still isn't clicking on offense When that get that
side of the game rolling, Aslan may end up being right about
40-0. And HELLO Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Hands down
his best effort on the season.
I think OSU is still better than UNC.
If UNC can't win when they are stroking the trey like they were tonight....
they don't deserve to be #2.
They were playing the best team...
so you can cut them some slack.
But after 2 losses in three games...
and Wisconsin taking them to the brink....
you can't declare them #2
lol DSR, no one doubts that we are the best!
Great post DSR. I'm with Zaga on this one, Ohio State has been more impressive than UNC. My early season top 5 would go like this.
1. UK(in my mind, they've been #1 all year)
2. OSU
3. UNC
4. Cuse
5. Baylor
Aslan Wrote:Great post DSR. I'm with Zaga on this one, Ohio State has been more impressive than UNC. My early season top 5 would go like this.
1. UK(in my mind, they've been #1 all year)
2. OSU
3. UNC
4. Cuse
5. Baylor

You guys believe what you want. I can't see ANY way OSU can
play us that close. It's true UNC was pulling 3's out of their
backside, and can't usually shoot that well. But OSU doesn't
have the frontcourt game to keep us from selling and
and stuffing them from 3 if they get hot. I as suprised
UNC played us this close, I would be in line for defibrilation
if OSU could.
The only time OSU would get an opportunity to play us would be in March.
And in March, nobody will come within double digits of this team, after the vast improvements they're going to make.
And on a neutral floor, I would take OSU over UNC. I just don't trust UNC. Outside of Barnes they are very limited offensively. They won't shoot this well again this year. That's what kept them in the game today.
I agree. I think we'd beat OSU alot harder than we beat UNC...but they're #2 right now. No one else even comes close, lol.

My top 5...

1. Kentucky
2. Ohio State
3. Louisville
4. Syracuse
5. Baylor

That will probably the top 5 come Monday morning, except with Louisville and Cuse switched around, and Duke maybe put in there, which they shouldn't but I don't control the rankings,lol. When's the last time Kentucky and Louisville were in the top 5 together? You guys realize that Kentucky and Louisville could be #1 and #2 by the time our New Year's Eve game comes around?!?!?

That would be do damn awesome!!!
That would be. Hopefully it happens.
DSRfan Wrote:You guys believe what you want. I can't see ANY way OSU can
play us that close. It's true UNC was pulling 3's out of their
backside, and can't usually shoot that well. But OSU doesn't
have the frontcourt game to keep us from selling and
and stuffing them from 3 if they get hot. I as suprised
UNC played us this close, I would be in line for defibrilation
if OSU could.

Jared Sullinger sure makes for an awful front court. You have to accept it Ohio State is better then UNC. I believe Ohio State would give us one hell of a game.
HawksRule Wrote:Jared Sullinger sure makes for an awful front court. You have to accept it Ohio State is better then UNC. I believe Ohio State would give us one hell of a game.

So if osu is way better than UNC then that makes them 5 points better than us?
HawksRule Wrote:Jared Sullinger sure makes for an awful front court. You have to accept it Ohio State is better then UNC. I believe Ohio State would give us one hell of a game.

He's the same Jared Sullinger that was outplayed by Josh Harrellson last year.
Im sure the Cats would find a way to "handle" there front court.
If KY loses this year it will be because we beat our selves and young stupid mistakes plague us threw an entire game.

Theres no doubt in my mind we have the most talent in the country, but everybody is entitled to bad games because it happens no matter what. For example, theres no way in hell that WV should have beat us two years ago.
On the other hand Walker was THE most talented player in the country last year and sadly, in basketball one player can take over a game. Luckily for us, i honestly dont beleive theres a player like Walker in college basketball this year that could beat us if we play a good game.

Sullinger is a ONE man gang. UNC has Zeller, Henson and Barnes to
work inside. And like the other poster says, if OSU is so much better
than UNC, then they're better than UK. They are NOT better
than UK.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So if osu is way better than UNC then that makes them 5 points better than us?

You can't compare like that. I hate seeing these kind of comparisons.Team A beat Team B which automatically means they're are better than Team C because Team B beat Team C. That's just not how sports work, but OSU is not better then UK. I just think UK-OSU would be one hell of a game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He's the same Jared Sullinger that was outplayed by Josh Harrellson last year.
Im sure the Cats would find a way to "handle" there front court.
If KY loses this year it will be because we beat our selves and young stupid mistakes plague us threw an entire game.

Theres no doubt in my mind we have the most talent in the country, but everybody is entitled to bad games because it happens no matter what. For example, theres no way in hell that WV should have beat us two years ago.
On the other hand Walker was THE most talented player in the country last year and sadly, in basketball one player can take over a game. Luckily for us, i honestly dont beleive theres a player like Walker in college basketball this year that could beat us if we play a good game.

Harrellson was a man amongst boys on the court. That's all there is to say about that
Harrellson slowed him down, but he did not win the match up.
Sullinger had like 21 points and 17 rebounds.
I'll never forget JH throwing the ball off Sullinger's chest. Gave us momentum, swagger, and sparked a Final Four run.
HawksRule Wrote:You can't compare like that. I hate seeing these kind of comparisons.Team A beat Team B which automatically means they're are better than Team C because Team B beat Team C. That's just not how sports work, but OSU is not better then UK. I just think UK-OSU would be one hell of a game.

Then how are getting that OSU is better than UNC?